By Carson Hamilton
About Arthtitis (Including 6 Facts)
Arthritis is a very common autoimmune disease. That means that this disorder attacks the joints and the joint lining first. This is more common as people age and has nothing to do with gender or race. It is incurable but there are many treatments that could help.
5 ways to treat and prevent arthritis
- Massage-This is the most common treatment for arthritis. It relieves anxiety and reduces stress and tension resulting in better sleep and less pain.
- Acupuncture-This treatment is known to be very effective with osteoarthritis. Acupuncture received the top score for pain relief for osteoarthritis but is not very effective on rheumatoid arthritis.
- Eat less purines-Purines are a certain compound found in proteins and they are in red meats. Purine is what causes the arthritis called Gout.
- "Maintaining a healthy weight and exercising regularly can help prevent some types of arthritis and lessen arthritis pain. Exercise strengthens muscles and joints, maintains flexibility and decreases fall risk."
- Surgery-It is a last resort but is common. There are different types but the 3 main ones are; Joint Repair, Joint Replacement, and Joint Fusion.