Cobb Middle School Weekly News
May 28 - June 1, 2018
Coming Up This Week...
- MEMORIAL DAY - NO SCHOOL
- PEP RALLY BELL SCHEDULE for yearbook signing
- NJHS End of Year Party, 3:35-5:00 p.m., Cafe
- PTA Special Meeting to vote on By-Law change, 3:45-3:50 p.m., Library
- Staff Meeting, 3:50-4:50 p.m., Library (NO P.M. TUTORIALS OR CLUB MEETINGS)
- 6th & 7th Grade Recognition Ceremony, 6:00-7:00 p.m., Large Gym (SEE BELOW)
- Art Club (every Thursday), 3:40 p.m., B120
- Student Court Academy (every Thursday), 3:40-4:05 p.m., C104
- Theater Banquet, 6:00-8:00 p.m., Cafe
- Orchestra Spring Concert, 7:00-8:30 p.m., WHS
- 8th Grade Recognition Ceremony, 10:30-12:30, Large Gym (SEE BELOW)
- LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!!
Save the Dates...
6/2 - Staff Work Day
7/25, 7/26, 7/31, 8/1, 8/2 - Proof of Residency Drop-Off, 8:00-12:00 and 1:00-4:00
8/7 - Cyclone Camp for 6th Graders, 4:30-7:00 p.m.
8/9 - 7th and 8th Grade Schedule Pickup
8/13 - Football parent meeting, 5:30-6:30 p.m., Cafe
8/14 - Open Campus, 2:00-6:00 p.m.
8/16 - FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!
InfoSnap Re-enrollment for 2018-2019 – Thank you for responding! We are up from 534 completed last week to 625 completed this week! If you haven’t gotten your InfoSnap email, please let Ms. Meece know. ALL parents/guardians will complete InfoSnap even if your student is not returning to Cobb or FISD. If you are not returning or have questions please email Christie Meece at MeeceC@friscoisd.org to let her know. Proof of Residence (POR) in the Cobb attendance zone will be due in August. We will provide examples of acceptable POR documents to avoid confusion at drop-off time.
6th grade parents – – It’s not too late! We have 85 more shot records to go for the class to be complete, our best record yet! How low can we go with the “incomplete” number? Please turn in any updated records so we can have your student cleared and ready to pick up their schedule in August! Those who still need records turned in will get an email next week with details of how to submit records over the summer.
From the Clinic to ALL Parents - Please come and retrieve any medication brought in for your student this school year. FISD policy is that we can only release medication to parents. Students are not allowed to take medication home. Any medication not retrieved at the end of the day JUNE 1 will be sent for disposal. We have over 100 students with medication here, so please come and get yours!
Parents of Returning Students with Asthma – Please take time over the summer to renew asthma action plans (Link) and inhaler prescriptions so that we are ready in August. If your student wishes to carry the inhaler, we need a signed Inhaler Release on file (Link). Our Inhaler Area in the clinic worked so well this year, we will expand it next year. Please consider keeping your student safe by making sure we know where their inhaler is when they need it (three “orphan” inhalers were found this year). If you have any questions, please contact Nurse Hodgkiss.
Join the Club - One of the best parts of middle school is getting involved with a group of your peers to do something you enjoy outside the classroom. Check out our diverse list of clubs and organizations to fit every student's interests!
END-OF-YEAR CELEBRATIONS & RECOGNITION
Wednesday, May 30th
6th and 7th Grade Recognition Night
Cobb Large Gym, 6:00-8:00 p.m.
By invitation only - invitations were mailed and emailed on May 16th
Friday, June 1st
8th Grade Celebration and Recognition Ceremony
Cobb Large Gym, 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
It's Already Time to Order School Supplies!
It is time to order your student's pre-packaged school supplies for next year, 2018-2019!
- Click here to order... (2018-2019 ordering instructions).
- Students will pick up pre-ordered school supply packs during grade level Schedule Pickup in August.
- Be sure to order the correct grade level packet for the 2018-2019 academic year.
- There will NOT be any EXTRA PACKETS to purchase at schedule pickup, so be sure to order your supplies today!
- The LAST day to order is June 24th, 2018.