Writing a Paragraph.
Thinking of a good idea is the first step of writing.
- Choose a topic that is interesting to you.
- Include some detail, like facts, thoughts, and feelings.
- Excellent writing has a clear message, purpose, or focus.
Next you need to organize your thoughts and sort them into groups.
- Effective writing has a clear beginning, middle, and end.
- The overall writing is well organized and easy to follow.
The best writers reveal their own special way of writing.
- Engage the readers to make them to want to keep reading more.
- Reveal your own special way of writing.
Good writing has strong, juicy words.
- You need specific nouns, verbs, and exiting adverbs and adjectives!
- The words should fit the audience and deliver a clear message.
Effective writing flows smoothly.
- Sentences have a variety of lengths and sentence beginnings.
- Combine short choppy ones into longer smoother ones.
- Use simple, compound, and complex sentences.
Good writing is carefully edited.
- Writing follows the rules for punctuation, grammar, and spelling.
- Edit your paper by using C.O.P.S ( Capitalization, Overall appearance, Punctuation, Spelling )
Six Traits of Writing for Stick People
- Brainstorming : First you need to gather your ideas and choose one.
- Prewriting : Next you need to sort them into three groups.
- Compose : Then you need to write a rough draft.
- Evaluation : After that you need to see how it is and think how you can make it better.
- Revision : Then decide if you should change anything, like sentence beginnings or number of words in a sentence.
- Editing : Next you need to edit that stuff out in put in your new, better sentences.
- Publishing / Sharing : Last of all you need to write your final draft.
- T-table : Make notes, Make sure you have, a topic sentence, main ideas, details, and a conclusion sentence.
- Core four Topic Sentence : You should have number statements, questions, and situation stance topic sentences. They are yellow.
- Transitions : Never use first, second, third all in one paragraph. Use like then, in addition, in fact, next, last of all, to begin, finally, also.
- Details : Details are extra stuff, like add more facts about the idea, tell me more. They are pink.
- Conclusion Sentences : Conclusion sentences are to wrap up the story with a good ending. They are green.
Porky Pig Cartoon Ending "That's All Folks!"