The THIRD GRADE Times
x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x
This week in Third Grade...March 21, 2016
It's Holy Week and a busy one at that! Third grade is hopping with activity...a walking field trip to CalTech and Sacred Dancers head up our busy line-up of things to do this week. If your daughter is a Sacred Dancer in this week's Stations of the Cross service please refer to the note below regarding costuming. Also, a reminder that we are off on Spring Break starting Thursday, March 24, at noon. There is no school on Good Friday. Finally, thank you to all our parents for a wonderful conference day! See you all back on Monday, April 4th!
Mrs. Adanto, Mrs. Sears and Mrs. Garcia
Holy Week...The Triduum
We begin Holy Week this week by observing The Triduum - Holy Thursday, Good Friday and Holy Saturday - the three days prior to Easter Sunday.
May you have the Gladness of Easter which is Hope,
May you have the Promise of Easter which is Peace,
May you have the Spirit of Easter which is Love.
A Blessed Easter To All!
Reminder! Costume Requirement for Sacred Dancers for Stations of The Cross - March 24, 2016
Spelling City...Front Row...Online Resources for Math and Spelling Practice...
Upcoming Third Grade Events
- March 24, Holy Thursday, Stations of The Cross (Greg Smith Memorial Gymnasium) - Half Day
- March 25, Good Friday, NO SCHOOL
- March 28 - April 1, Easter Break
- April 4, 2016 - Back from Spring Break!
- Save The Date! MJS Third Grade Poets will participate in the St. Rita Catholic School’s Speech and Debate tournament for Elementary Students. The tournament will be held on Thursday, April 28th. More information to follow!
Deepening Our Learning...
*Science - Recycle Reach Out Project...Students continue to collect and analyze data related to paper recycling at MJS and Animal Habitats...Students research food chains and webs. Recycling Impact On Our Communities and World...Our actions affect the world at large and recycling reminds us how we can make a difference. Students will take a deeper look at how recycling can have a positive impact on the world in which we live and how important it is to both the natural environment and us.
* Social Studies - Our Community, Our World - Pasadena! Students will be learning about Pasadena history, researching iconic landmarks, and visiting the Pasadena Museum of History.
* Math - Topic Seven: Introducing The Properties of Division! Students will learning about the meanings of division through the interpretation of two basic concepts: sharing and repeated subtraction.
* Writing - Six Traits of Writing - Students continue apply writing conventions for sentence types, word choice and voice in classroom writing assignments.