Weekend Update . 2.10.14
so much for weekends off!
Way to go Speech Dawgs--on to Sectionals!
- Dramatic Duet Acting (DDA)--Jonathon Thomalla and Teresa Tolliver
- Humorous Duet Acting (HDA)--Jenny Dougherty and Jonathon Thomalla
- Original Comedy (OC)--Jenny Dougherty
- Prose--Samantha Klemm
- Poetry--Taylor Rhodes
After the 'Finals' performances, the Dawgs advanced 3 acts to Sectionals on Saturday, February 15 in Rochelle. The top 4 in each category advance to Sectionals.
- 2nd place in HDA for Jonathon and Jenny
- 3rd place in OC for Jenny
- 4th place in DDA for Jonathon and Teresa
Good luck Dawgs!!
Aquin Athletics Fundraiser Update---$3340 Earned!!!
Sunday, Feb. 9th, 5:30-7:30pm
1419 S Galena Ave
When the final numbers were tallied today, we recorded a total profit of $3340 for Athletics! This huge profit would not have been possible without many factors--the biggest one being the generosity of Beltline Cafe as all of the food and tableware was donated by them.
Our volunteers helped make this evening very successful as well.
- 12 students volunteers helped bus tables, assisted patrons and cleaned up throughout the evening: Jack Gaulrapp, Dominic DeMichele, Aiden Chang, Haley Chang, Katie Stykel, Riley Whalen, Keely Scace, Abraham Diemer, Anthony Townsend, Andrew Martin and Simon Diemer.
- Beltline was assisted in the kitchen by Terry and Melissa Sheehan
- Scott and Joann Townsend helped the Boosters with the ‘bar’. Aquin Boosters, Jeff Hiveley and Adam Talbert, were in charge of the ‘bar’.
- Thank you to all!
Early ticket sales contributed to our high sales totals.
- 252 tickets were sold
- The winners of the 'high sales' were Aiden and Haley Chang as they combined for a total of 24 tickets sold by Monday, February 3. They will receive the 1st and 2nd place prizes of 2 Hibbett's gift certificates totaling $75.
The 50/50 pot was $90!
- Despite many waiting at home for a phone call that they were the winner of the 50/50 pot, Jeff Hiveley's name was drawn and we got to tell him the good news as he was cleaning up the concessions area. He used his profits wisely and purchased a remaining Silent Auction package, so in essence, gave all of his winnings back.
- Thanks to Coach Courtney Pehl for selling the winning ticket to Jeff--as well as selling many more 50/50 tickets throughout the evening.
And finally, thanks to the coaches who prepared Silent Auction packages for the event. Their packages brought these proceeds to their program(s):
Football (split fishing pkg with baseball, only sold 1 of 4 pkgs, remaining 3 pkgs to Extravaganza) . $75
Golf (2 certificates for foursomes at Park Hills and Wolf Hollow) . $200
Volleyball (lottery tree--sold as ‘buy-it-now’) . $150
Boys Basketball (1 autographed jersey) . $50
Girls Basketball (2 Valentine baskets) . $150
Baseball (split fishing package with football, only sold 1 of 4 pkgs, remaining 3 pkgs to Extravaganza) . $75
Softball (Valentine basket) . $30