Build to Equip
Building Learning Environments
Facilitate rigorous learning
Create a brain-friendly environment that considers the learners’ emotions, interests, previous experiences, and learning styles
Build in reflection time to make meaning
Design experiences and investigation in which learners can develop understanding of concepts through their own life
Encourage differences of opinion and use them as potential solutions to problems
Collaborate with learners to determine how learning is demonstrated and assessed
Capitalize on learners’ interest to make learning relevant
- Collaborate within professional learning communities to improve the art and science of learning design
Reach beyond the classroom walls, bringing in external resources with digital tools.
Provide equitable access to quality learning tools and resources for all.
Collaborate with learners to ensure classrooms and common spaces are clean, attractive, and maintained with pride.
Display learner work purposefully in classrooms, common spaces, and/or virtual environment that reflects a community of learners rather than commercial posters, signs, etc.
Ensure classroom procedures and routines are clear for learners.
Provide flexible furnishings within the learning spaces.
● Establish positive relationships and maintain regular communication with families and community members.
● Maintain virtual communication avenues including digital newsletters, e-mail, websites, etc.
● Respect the cultures, backgrounds, and values of the learners and their families.
● Provide a variety of ways for families and community members to participate in the school community during and beyond the school day.
● Provide resources and assistance for families to negotiate the Texas education system and build background knowledge on school systems, policies, and procedure that may be unfamiliar for families new to the district.
● Collaborate with parents and community members as part of the campus decision-making
Provides systems of support for educator efficacy.
Responds to the unique needs of novice, experienced, master, and struggling educators.
Creates a system-wide culture of collaboration and engagement.
Provides a professional learning system that builds capacity in facilitating and mediating meaningful learning for all.
- Commits resources for the design and expansion of flexible learning space.