LCMS Weekly Updates
By Tami Gunset
UIL Academic Meet
LBMS is hosting the UIL Meet. To show our appreciation, students who are participating will be rewarded with a field trip on Friday, November 20.
City Bank Community Rewards
City Bank is giving away $60,000 to local charities. City Bank will make available a total of $60,000 to be awarded to 18 local nonprofits to assist them in carrying out their missions. The LCMS Parent Organization has entered this campaign to raise funds to add additional seating to the courtyard area for students, staff and guests to our campus to enjoy.
Please spread the word and go online and vote! Vote now through Sunday, December 13!
(You must be 18 years of age or older to vote)
Thanks for your support of the LCMS Parent Organization!
Pirate Pride...Help Appreciated! Friday, November 20 - 2:15-3:45pm
Front Office Help
LCMS Parent Association Facebook Page
November is American Diabetes Month
November is American Diabetes Month. Lubbock-Cooper ISD has teamed with the American Diabetes Association to help raise funds for research to find a cure.
Here at Lubbock-Cooper Middle School, cheerleaders will be selling bracelets and paper hands for $1.00 each during the grade level lunches. Students may wear the bracelets to show their support for a cure and put their name on the hand and have it displayed in the cafeteria. The grade level that raises the most money from November 9-19 will win a Coke float party on Friday November 20 at the end of the day.
- Monday, November 16 - 5:30-7pm
- Monday, November 30 - 5:30-7pm
- Thursday, December 10 - 5:30-7pm
This event is parent drop-off and pick up, as we cannot have students waiting around unsupervised.
LCMS CHEER SELLING SPIRIT SHIRTS
2015-2016 BOYS COOPER HOOPSTERS
WHERE - Laura Bush Middle School
WHEN - Saturday, November 14 and Saturday, December 5 from 10am-12pm
WHO - All 1st-6th Grade Boys who attend Lubbock-Cooper Schools
REGISTRATION FEE - $100 per player due at registration. Cash or Checks accepted.
December 6 - MANDATORY tryouts at LBMS
--BUCCS (1st and 2nd Grade) - 1:00pm
--MINORS (3rd and 4th Grade) - 3:30pm
--MAJORS (5th and 6th Grade) - 6:00pm
Practices will start the week of December 6
The season will run from January 11-February 27
More information about the league, league rules and game schedules can be found in the Documents and Guidelines section of the website. For questions or additional information, please email email@example.com.
Next Two Week Calendar Events
• Tuesday, November 17 - UIL Academic @ LBMS (9am)
• Thursday, November 19 - LCISD School Board Meeting @ LCMS Cafeteria (7pm)
• Friday, November 20 - UIL Field Trip (ALL DAY)
• Friday, November 20 - Pirate Pride Day (2pm)
• Friday, November 20 - iPod, Hat, Holey Jean Day - $1 each
• Monday, November 23-Friday, November 27 - Thanksgiving Break
• Thursday, November 26 - Thanksgiving Day
• Friday, November 27 - Presidents Day and Black Friday
• Tuesday, December 1 - Choir Christmas Concert @ PAC (6pm)
• Wednesday, December 2 - UIL One Act Play Performance @ PAC (7pm)
• Wednesday, December 2 - NJHS @ Lubbock Dream Center (11am-3pm)
• Thursday, December 3 - MS Band Christmas Concert @ PAC (7pm)
• Saturday, December 5 - Distirct UIL One Act Play Performance (All Day)
Attendance Reminders for LCMS:
- School begins at 8:00 AM.
- First bell rings at 7:55 AM.
- Tardy bell rings at 8:00 AM.
- Any arrivals after 8:20 AM are counted as an absence for 1st/9th period.
- If your student is ill, please call in by 10:00 AM. The attendance line phone number is (806) 863-7184 (Sally Aguilar) – it is important to call the attendance line rather than the main line to report an absence.
- Students are allowed up to seven days excused with a parent phone call or parent note.
- After a student's seventh absence, a doctor’s note is required.
- Students are allowed one personal day per year (counted as an excused absence.) Written notice must be approved by campus principal three days prior to the absence. Please keep in mind that the personal day must be taken before the student's seventh absence.
| || |
LCMS Web Page
LCMS Web Page
How to contact us!