February 16, 2016
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?" Micah 6:8
- School Pictures are February 24 and 26. More information below.
- There are two confirmed case of flu at Green Oaks. Please watch your students for symptoms.
- Summer registration forms are coming home with your student today. If you did not receive a paper copy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gator Gala ticket prices increase after tomorrow, February 17.
Staff Appreciation Luncheon
If you have any questions, please email Terri Boyd at email@example.com or call her at 214-738-8568.
Help Needed This Saturday, Feb. 20
Wednesday, February 24 for Secondary, both High School classes and as many GOAL participants as possible. Individual, class, and whole school group pictures will be taken.
Friday, February 26 for Elementary, remaining GOAL students, and any students who missed pictures on the first picture day.
*Any GOAL participants that do not attend on Wednesdays or Fridays can come for pictures on Friday at 9:30. Please let the school know if your GOAL participant will be coming for pictures at that time.
Help with Gator Gala
- Green Oaks will be closed the weeks of June 6 and July 4. GOAL will not operate these weeks.
- Green Oaks Summer Camp Week 1: June 20-24
- Green Oaks Summer Week 2: July 25-29
- GOAL will continue to operate programming throughout the summer. We will be open each week, except the weeks of June 6, July 4 and August 15. While we will be open the same hours and still have the same modules, there will be some changes to the daily schedules just to keep things fresh. GOAL students are not eligible to sign up for Green Oaks summer camps.
- Summer registration forms were sent home today.
We are looking for another family to ride share with in the South Arlington, Mansfield, or South Grand Prairie areas. We are happy to pick up your student up in the mornings and drop them off with our son Maverick at school. In exchange, we are asking Maverick be picked up from school and taken home. We would meet you at your house immediately or just moments after. We have moved to Midlothian and it is taking 1.5 to 2 hours each way for drop off and pick up. The afternoons are harder for us, because our daughter in Midlothian gets out of school at the same time as Green Oaks. We pick her up then head to pick up Maverick and the construction through Arlington is a nightmare after 3 pm. Please let us know if your family is interested. Chris 817-681-4604 Christie 682-365-3590 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Chris and Christie Lea
In Our Prayers…
- Prayers for Tobey Elliott, Haley's dad, for health concerns.
- Ongoing prayers for Nic Patterson and Adrian Martinez as they continue to fight leukemia.
- Praises that Adrian Martinez has returned to Green Oaks part time. Welcome back Adrian!
We’d like to include your prayer concerns, too. Please call the office or submit them by email to email@example.com.
Green Oaks has a continual need for items (listed below). In addition to the items on our wish list, right now we are in need of gift cards to Half Price Books, comic books, magazine subscriptions to Sports Illustrated Kids, Christian magazines, and teen magazines, including M, Twist, Teen Ink, etc. Green Oaks continues to collect Box Tops and Labels for Education. Please send these to school in a Ziploc bag.
White and color copy paper
Plastic forks, spoons, & knives
30 or 33 Gallon Trash Bags
White and color cardstock
These items are always needed and appreciated!