La Charla Con Sra. Chaney
Unidad 1 - Week 2 - Fall 2015
Welcome to week 2!
- By the end of this week students should have Getting Started through Unidad 1 Lección 4 completed.
- Zeros are put in at the end of each week to make sure weekly grades are accurate.
- Students can complete assignments until they are due at the end of the quarter, but should pace their assignments on the Schedule of Assignments.
After Unidad 1, students will be able to say:
- I can greet people and say goodbye in different ways.
- I can ask a person what his/her name is and how he/she is doing, as well as answer those same questions.
- I can ask a person where he/she is from and lives, as well as answer.
- I can ask a person when his/her birthday is and how old he/she is, as well as answer.
- I can ask a person what he/she likes and doesn't like to do, as well as answer.
- I can ask someone what day and date it is, as well as answer.
Required Live Classes
Students are required to attend a Required Live Class (RLC) once per unit for a total of 10 for the whole semester. This is the last week to attend a Getting Started RLC (mine is this at Wednesday at 3pm!).
There are THREE DIFFERENT WAYS to attend RLCs:
- by computer
- by phone (calling in)
- by phone/tablet (the app)
To access the RLC room from a computer students can click the link in the course. To call in (this should only be done if students cannot use option 1 or 3) students can call the number posted in the course and enter the code. This will make them show up as "Teleconference" and they will need to tell the teacher their name to receive credit.
Students can also download the Blackboard Collaborate App to attend via mobile device (my personal favorite). They can view presentation and interact with the teacher by voice/chatbox as if they were attending at the computer but "on the go". They'll need to paste the link to the room* into the app, enter their first and last name and enjoy!
If students are not able to attend they will need to contact me to set up a make-up plan.