Microsoft Outlook Tech Tip #3
May 1, 2015 - Region 3 ESC
Many districts and companies use MS Outlook for email. Below are some of my favorite tricks, tips, and shortcuts to increase your productivity in the all-in-one email, calendar, tasks, and notes program!
Work FASTER across the ENTIRE program!
Are you tired of scrolling through hundreds of emails trying to find one in particular?
Create a special "Cc" folder to gather all the emails that aren't sent directly to you!
To set this up follow the instructions below.
1. Go to your Inbox
2. Add a new folder in your Inbox titled "Cced Folder"
3. Select Rules > New Rules (or "Create Rule" based on your version)
4. Click the "Advanced Options" button
5. In the Rules Wizard, select "where my name is not in the To box"
6. Step 1: Choose "move it to the specified folder." In Step 2, choose the "Cced" folder you created in your Inbox
7. Choose any exceptions to the rule. (For example, if it is marked important or from a specific person)
8. Name your rule and click "Finish"
*Alternatively, set up a VIP email folder and move "emails sent only to me" into that special folder.