Teen Read Week
October 18-24, 2015
Teen Read Week was started in 1998 by the Young Adult Library Services Association (YALSA). It's a literacy initiative, held annually on the third week of October, encouraging teens to "read for the fun of it." The idea is to get teens excited about reading for pleasure, not just for one week a year, but for the rest of their lives.
Teen Read Week Activities
Stop by the library each day this week for Teen Read Activities and to vote for the Teens' Top Ten!
- Tell your story in 6 words with a Six Word Memoir.
- Stop in and make a Duct Tape bookmark. Instructions and supplies will be provided.
- Write a sticky note book review to display on your favorite books!
- Submit artwork inspired from a favorite book and win a gift card to Barnes and Noble!
- Take a "book cover selfie". We'll post it on the library website and on social media!
- Don't forget!! Vote on the Teens' Top Ten.