Parks Press for Parents
Rosa Parks/Millbrook ISSDA
February 22-26, 2021
Click the image below for an important message from our Acting Superintendent regarding school reopening.
We will reschedule dates for our remaining Black History Month Activites...Stay tuned for new dates and times.
Help us help your child each school day by ensuring they are fully prepared for face-to-face instruction.
- Students must bring their devices fully charged each day.
- Students must bring their chargers each day.
- Students must bring the required materials (paper, pencil, journal, etc.) for their classes each day.
- Students must have on a clean mask (provided by parent).
- Students must wear a face shield (provided by the school).
These are the very basics that are required for your child to have a successful learning experience. When students aren't prepared it slows down learning for our virtual and face-to-face students. We are in a pandemic currently and do not have extra staff, space, nor materials for students who come unprepared. We are not sharing materials. Therefore it is each households responsibility to ensure students arrive at school fully prepared each day. Parents please help us help your child by making sure they prepare all materials nightly; then check their backpacks, and bring them to school daily.
- Scholars are expected to be on time to their classes. Morning instruction begins promptly at 8:00a.m. Ensure students are on time by logging in by 7:50a.m.
- School uniforms are not required during online learning, however attire must be appropriate. No pajamas or head gear allowed.
- All cameras are required to be on during virtual classes.
- Persistent misbehavior/classroom disruptions will not be tolerated.
- Remain muted until asked to un-mute.
See Below for Resources That May Help Support the Rebuilding Process if Needed.
We will continue to provide resources and updates as they are made available.
Feb. 22 Motivation Monday (Wear Black History themed t-shirt)
Feb. 23 Tuesday Tribute (Wear African inspired attire.)
Feb. 24 College Shirt Wednesday
Feb. 24 RPM Black History Program Rescheduled: New date to be announced
Feb. 25 LISD School Board Meeting
Feb. 26 Grades Due
Feb. 26 Welcome to Wakanda @The Parks (Close out BHM wearing African inspired Attire)
March 1 Progress Reports emailed
March 1-5 ISIP Middle of Year Assessment window
March 1 Women's History Month begins
March 2 Read Across America
March 4 99th Day of School (Dress like you're 99 years old. The 100th Day is Coming!)
March 5 100th Day of School
March 15-19 Spring Break
March 30 RPM Family STEM Night
Yvonne M. Thornton, M.Ed.
Rosa Parks/Millbrook Information Systems & Software Design Academy
Building Children, Character, and Community Everyday
“A hundred years from now it will not matter, what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove; but the world would be different because I was important in the life of a child.”