The LaCrosse Play-by-Play
News from Mrs. LaCrosse's 2nd Grade Classroom
PLEASE FOLLOW US ON TWITTER!!! @2LaCrosse
On Monday, students participated in a bus safety drill in which they learned emergency procedures and general bus safety.
Students turn and talk with their partner!
3rd/4th Grade Musical
Sipley students enjoyed watching their peers perform an amazing, winter-themed musical!
Students read partner poems for fluency...and FUN!!
A nice celebration of the day's writing is the best way to end Writer's Workshop!
Two students enjoy a book together.
It was a wonderful week in second grade. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving break with your children!
As always (and I can't overstate this enough), PLEASE let me know if you have any questions about your child's progress, or about anything school related in general. My hope is you'll ask if there is anything you're wondering.
Please ask your child:
- You learned the value of pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters this week. How much is each worth? How can you add the coins together when they have different values?
- Show me how to place marks on nickels, dimes, and quarters so you can skip-count by 5's to count coins.
- What books are you currently reading?
- What are the 5 general components of folktales (literary language, cultural language, characters/events in groups of 3, elements of trickery, happy ending)
- Tell me about the informational piece you are currently writing. What is your topic?
- Why is it important to have a good introduction to your writing?
- You learned to divide words into syllables. How many syllables do the following words have? Dog--mailbox--cat--fantastic
- You learned that one syllable words that end in the /k/ sound are spelled with what letters? (ck, as in duck, quack, rack). You learned that two+ syllable words that end in the /k/ sound are spelled with what letter? (c, as in fantastic and public).
- What was the best part of your week?
- Is there anything you would like to be different next week? What can you do to make that happen?
Thank you for sharing your wonderful children with me. Have a lovely weekend!
The Weeks Ahead...
Friday, 12/11: NO SCHOOL--School Improvement Day