University of Kentucky
- Located in Lexington, Kentucky
- Offers a fine arts degree program
- Total cost for a four year degree would be about $59,00
- Admissions are a GPA of a 3.6, SAT score of 1679 or ACT score of 25.
- About 20,700 were enrolled in the fall of 2014
- The student to teacher ratio is 18:1
"The Horse Capitol"
Fun All Around
- Kentucky Horse Park
- The Henry Clay Estate
- Kentucky Kingdom Amusement Park
- Wave Tek Water Park Atlantis
- Mary Todd Lincoln House
- In the winter the average temperature is about 35 degrees F with high chances of snow.
- In the spring the average temperature is about 55 degrees F with warmer weather and rain.
- In the summer the average temperature is about 75 degrees F with hot humid weather and thunderstorms.
- In the fall the average temperature is about 67 degrees F with cooler weather and possible snow.
- Bluegrass Area
- Kentucky River
- Near Cumberland Gap
I am planning to get a job to save up, take AP classes, and possibly earn some scholarships. I have already been job hunting but have been declined due to my age, but as soon as I can I will get a job to save up. Also while doing my 4 Year Plan I would like to tackle as many AP classes as possible to save as much money as I can. Being involved in College Dreams I am exposed to many scholarship opportunities and will be choosing some in the near future to add to my college funds.
High School Goals
Some goals I wish to achieve are:
- maintain a 4.0 GPA
- earn as many duel credits as possible
- possibly be able to mentor my job shadow host
- become a drum major for the GPHS Marching Band
- AP Statistics
- Child Development
- College Writing
- Music Theory
Possible Volunteer Options
I have talked to my College Dreams adviser about a possible aiding position with my job shadow host, Mr, Boldon, and I was told that there is a possibility but that I would need to further discuss it with my counselor.