September 8 - 11
All In, Mt. Gallant!
How We Win:
- Building and sustaining relationships with students, parents, and colleagues
- Identifying Essential Learnings for ELA and Math
- Personalizing the MGES experience and learning for each child
Emergency Lockdown Drill on September 9th at 9am
Red cards are to be used if there are injuries in the classroom. Otherwise, it should be green. I checked with Kevin about this and this is correct.
Reading Coach's Corner
Please read and reflect on the linked article about classroom meeting areas before PLC meetings on Wed. The ideas in this article will compliment some of our future work with Literate Environment (R2S Competency #5) and Reading/Writing Workshop. This is the perfect time of year to be looking closely at how we design our teaching spaces and how it affects our students’ learning.
Reminder: F & P kits are available for your use when you have a new student from outside of the district. This assessment will guide much of your instruction with these new students, at this point in the school year. Feel free to bring ELA questions/concerns about these students to me as they arise.
The Literacy Closet is under construction! There are now clips for each teacher in our school. I am currently working on replacing outdated materials, organizing 6 pks. of books in labeled bags, and expanding our Teacher Resource section. As you begin your work with Guided Reading shortly, I would appreciate your feedback and about Literacy Closet needs.
Study Hall (formerly Breakfast Club)
Special Area folks will monitor Study Hall and keep track of students moving in and out and what they're working on. Our goal is for this to be a safe and quiet place for kids to get their homework done and hopefully instill a sense of responsibility.
Teachers can recommend the service but we will not develop a required roster. If you have feedback/suggestions, please share with your grade level Core representative.
Author to Visit MGES!
We are very excited about this opportunity!
- Happy Labor Day!
- Afternoon: Meet briefly in the media center at 2:45 then GL PLC time until 4pm (If you would like for one of us to be there, just let us know.)
- GT Parent Meeting 6-7pm @ India Hook
- MAP for 3-5 Begins (No change to Specials; Tap for schedule)
- Literacy with Lisa - Teams will meet during planning in the PD Room
- An announcement will be made to begin the Emergency Lockdown drill at 9am. Officer Terry and one or two other police officers will be present so please talk with your students about how this drill is a practice. I will notify parents of the drill. Follow the Safe 7 guidelines. A fire drill will follow.
- Spirit Day
- Moree at DO, AM
- PLC Minutes Due to Canvas