Indian Run Family Update
Indian Run Elementary | April 29, 2022
Hello Indian Run Families,
On Wednesday, May 4th, we have our Spring Fling Field Day thanks to our amazing PTO! Please send your child to school in tennis shoes/closed-toe shoes and feel free to bring a water bottle. Thanks to all the families who volunteered to help out. We are looking forward to some fun!
We will also have our FIRST whole school assembly in quite some time on Friday, May 6th, as we root on our 5th grade students in our very own IRE Dodgeball tournament. Should be LOTS of FUN!
As we enter the last month of the school year we look forward to finishing strong. Thanks for your continued partnership! Please let us know if you need any support or we can help in any way.
Have a great weekend!
Amber and Marty
UPCOMING INDIAN RUN EVENTS
- April 30: Be Well
- May 2-6: Teacher Appreciation Week
- May 4: Field Day/Spring Fling
- May 6: IRE Dodgeball @ 2:30pm
- May 13: Dodgeball @ Coffman HS
- May 25: 5th Grade Student Celebration (Details Below)
- May 27: Last Day of School (9:10 a.m. - 12:25 p.m.) (Lunch will be grab and go bags at dismissal) (Latchkey will end at 4:30 p.m.) (No KG classes)
Indian Run Announcements
- Please see the May PTO Newsletter below.
2022 - 2023 Class Placements
- Each year we begin the process of creating class assignments for the coming year. We gather parent and teacher input, and then balance classes by considering ten different categories: language needs, special education requirements, gifted learning, advanced math, behavior concerns, student numbers, teacher fit, gender, and academic history.
- We encourage you to fill out this form to provide any input or insight you might have. If you feel your child’s teacher already knows or understands your input and perspective, there is no need to fill out this form. Forms due by May 6, 2022.
5th Grade Student Celebration
- Attention 5th Grade Families, please see below for details regarding our 5th grade student celebration and bell ringing ceremony.
- When: Wednesday, May 25th
- Bell Ringing Ceremony: 12:45-1:15pm in the front loop. Parents and family members, feel free to join!
- 5th Grade Yard Party with Live DJ and Lunch: 1:30-3:30pm @ IRE
- The Dublin City Schools dodgeball tournament returns on May 13 at Dublin Coffman stadium under the lights.
- In partnership with the Nick Rozanski Memorial Foundation, the tournament will benefit Honor Flight Columbus. Learn more about Honor Flight by visiting the District Dodgeball webpage.
- We will have our 5th grade Dodgeball Tournament on May 6th. Our winning 5th grade team will represent IRE in the District tournament.
Interested in donating to this great cause?
- Send any and all donations to school in an envelope labeled "Dodgeball: Honor Flight"
- Need to update your IRE wardrobe? Check out our IRE Spirtwear options
Kindergarten Registration for the 2022-2023 school year is open!
- Be sure to check out our latest episodes of The Wire.
Summer Opportunity - FREE Syntero Groups
- For students entering grades K-12 for the 2022-2023 school year.
- Virtual groups will be available as well.
- New this year is a ROX mini-camp for girls entering grades 4-8.
- As a reminder, Syntero’s summer prevention groups are free of charge to any Dublin City Schools student.
- Sign-ups will open on May 9th at 12:00 pm, and families can register using the SignUp Genius link listed on the flyer below.
Dublin Coffman Volleyball Summer Camp
Dublin Scioto Summer Basketball Camp
Dublin Coffman Youth Football Camp Opportuniy
- The camps are designed to be fun, informative, and will hopefully let the kids run off some extra energy they might have during the summer!
- Youth Camp One: Tuesday, May 31st-Thursday, June 2nd from 6:30PM-8PM
- Youth Camp Two: Tuesday, June 21st-Thursday, June 23rd from 6:30PM-8PM
- Click HERE to sign up.
Interested in Entering a Dublin Talent Show?
- Click HERE for more information how how to sign up for a Dublin Talent Show put on by the Dublin Rotary.
- Auditions run from April 18-May 18th.
- Showcase is June 26, 2022
Karrer Middle School
- The KMS PTO is offering families a convenient way for students to purchase school supplies kits and they can be picked up during student walk through in August. Save yourself the hassle of last minute shopping and price comparisons! Deadline is July 1st! Click HERE to order.
- In addition to grade level supplies, all KMS students will be required to purchase a paper planner next year through the PTO. Planners will be on sale during walk through day (8/11/22) as well as the first week of school.
- - - - - - - - -
Dublin Scioto Earns Outstanding Honor
Dublin Scioto High School has been named a Purple Star School. Purple Star schools show a significant commitment to serving students and families tied to our Armed Forces. You can read more about the fantastic award here.
Be Well set for April 30
Be Well will feature free informational sessions for parents and community members focused on student and family mental health and well-being. Our registration window is now open! Click here to register for sessions you would like to attend on April 30.
Youth Activities - New activities added
Check out our youth activities web page regularly to stay up to date on the most recent activities available for students outside of school.
Word Study Community Review
Elementary word study is an essential part of the Language Arts curriculum and is provided via explicit daily instruction focused on building students’ ability to flexibly apply, connect, and transfer word knowledge and utilize spelling patterns within reading and writing. A new word study program will be selected and implemented in the Fall of the 22-23 school year in primary grades. Word study program options will be available for community review on Monday, May 2 from 4-6 p.m. at Emerald Campus.