The Daly News 10/15/18
Manatee Elementary Staff Newsletter
October 15- FOCUS Live app pushed out to all users through Launchpad. Begin using FOCUS for Term 2.
October 15-17th- Turn report cards in to Daly's box. They are due by 3:00 pm on Wednesday, October 17th.
October 17- FOCUS parent letters distributed to Grade Level Chairs and award names due to Janet.
October 17-23rd- Print 2 copies of your Term 1 assignment data/skills spreadsheet from GradeQuick (1 for your records and 1 for admin). Turn 1 copy in to Janet. These are due on October 23rd at 3:00 pm. See the links below for instructions.
October 23- Report Card go home. Staple the FOCUS parent letter on TOP of the report card.
November 1- Term 1 grade transferred by district into FOCUS.
November 9- Optional training with Melissa Woods, time and location at Manatee TBA.
- If you are not working on campus on Monday, please email Janet to let her know.
- Open enrollment ends on 10/12018 at 3:00 pm! Don't wait until the last minute on this important task.
- The expectation is that teachers will have a scheduled 45 minute computer time for iReady each week. However, if a student is in a growth monitoring assessment or cloz reading task than those minutes won't show up on your report. Also, kids may be absent on your lab day. We are not going to get crazy about this, if a student misses your lab day...don't try to carve out 45 minutes to get them on the computer (they can still get some minutes during the week by doing it 1 day for morning work or a center). We understand that there are several valid reasons why some students occasionally would not have 45 minutes on their end of the week report.
- No school, work anywhere you want
- Viera Pizza spirit night for 3rd grade
- Daly out
- Report cards and award names due by 3:00 pm on the table in Daly's office (or box)
- All admin out, two APs from Quest will be here all day.
- Early release PD held in the music room, snacks provided by 2nd grade. Bring a charged laptop and if you have an iReady binder or place you put notes, bring that.
District Pink Day
Why didn’t I think of that......ideas!
Printed labels make it easy to celebrate with students when they reach a goal.
Imagine the excitement if students walked in one morning to see a compliment written on every desk.
Find fun ways to motivate and celebrate the hard work your students are doing on iReady.