Scratch .VS. Kodu
Which one is the best?
What are Scratch and Kodu?
Kodu is a new visual programming language made specifically for creating games.It is designed for children and is very enjoyable for anyone. The program runs on X-box as well, allowing rapid design emphasis using only a game controller for input.
With scratch, you can program your own interactive stories, games and animations,and share your creations with other people in the on8iiiiiuk7line world.
Scratch helps young people learn to think creatively, reason regularly, and work collaboratively-- essential skills for life in the 21st century.
Scratch is is a project of the Lifelong Kindergarten group at the MIT Media Lab.It is provided free of charge.
- High-level language incorporates real-world primitives: collision, color, vision
- Uses Xbox 360 Game Controller for input — no keyboard required
- Runs on XBox 360 and PC
- Interactive terrain editor
- Bridge and path builder
- Terrain editor - create worlds of arbitrary shape and size
- 20 different characters with different abilities
SCRATCH KEY FEATURES:
- Back drop block
- Backpack for transporting sprites, costumes, and scripts project-to-project
- Cloning sprites (limit of 300 as of now)
- cloud data (variables stored on the website)
- Custom block s
- Customizable User pages
- following system
- Project notes and credits are separate from Instructors
- Redesigned comment replies: @username shows who you're replying to
- Show or hide lists
- sound editor
- studio which replace Galleries, but in My Stuff the url stays the same (it is stillhttp://scratch.mit.edu/mystuff/#galleries)
- Time blocks : Current () and Days since 2000
- Use the at symbol (@username) in a comment to link to a user's profile page
- Username block
- Vector editor, as well as a Bitmap editor for the Paint editor
- Video sensing
- When Backdrop switches to () back
- Zooming in and out of the scripts area
- Record project video