Week of March 21-25, 2016
- Writing must be taught every day, just as math is taught in a planned and sequential way, so too, will writing be taught
- During Writing time, kids should be writing. Writing is like playing the Oboe or swimming. You don't get better if you don't get in the pool or practice. Students must write 30-45 minutes daily.
- Explicit teaching in writing- the skills and strategies not just free writing. Conventions are not just added during editing. Writer's Write with conventions.
The English teachers will be working with Melanie Quaves, District Literacy Consultant in providing differentiation, small group lessons and literacy strategies to use in the classroom. She will also be providing the entire staff with an introduction to our definition of building literacy across disciplines. This will include team development of campus literacy in all content classrooms and an introduction to structured academic talk with Depth of Knowledge.
Please see the video below with PUSD focus and leadership. Be sure to watch for our Wilson Stars, Mr. Silverio and Ms. Ezieme!!
Kudos and Shout Outs
- Ms. Harper for her hard work in creating a wonderful yearbook for Wilson Middle School Lions
- Mr. Hines for making learning a hands-on experience as he takes his students make measuring tools for science.
- Ms. Hermosillo/Ms. Hunt/Ms. Pena/Ms. March/Ms. Villagrana/Ms. Davis/Ms. Ezieme for covering classes on Tuesday and Wednesday the week before Spring Break during their conference periods and to Ms. Elaine for organizing the coverage!
Week at a Glance
- 3:30-5:00pm Tucker @ Assistant Principals' Meeting
- B Monday Agendas DUE
- 10:00am IEP/PALS: JM/Corey/Rudchenko
- 11:00am IEP/PALS: AO/Azariah/Rudchenko
- 6:30-8:30pm PEN Event in Library- College Access Plan presented by Mo Hyman
- 8:00-1:30pm Principals' Meeting in Library- Classroom Visits included.
- 2:30pm IEP: AJ/Villagrana/Rudchenko
- 8:40am Rudchenko@ Observation Hunt
- 8:45-3:00pm 6th Grade to CA Science Center
- 10:50am IEP: AW/Jeffers/Tucker/Smith
- 11:00am IEP: JC/Azariah/Rudchenko
- 12:30-2:30pm Rudchenko @ Workplace Violence @ Burbank
- 8:30am Coffee with the Principal
- 8:30am IEP: HC/March/Tucker/Banks
- 9:30am IEP: KG/Loera/Rudchenko/Graham
- 8:30-10:30am Knudson/Hines @ Hapara Training
- 12:30-3:00pm Pena and Silverio @ Hapara Training
- 1:30pm IEP: JN/Loera/Rudchenko