I want to thank our parents for their flexibility yesterday, if you have students in grades 3 - 8. I think we are all getting good at taking things a day at a time! As you know, we will be remote again until Feb. 22nd. So far, all students who have been tested in the last couple of days have been negative, so that is good news. No new cases. PK - Grade 2 is on campus in full session. If your child is out for illness or any other reason, please email or call the office to report their absence to us. This helps a great deal. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 253-272-7012.
Now, for the next possible big event...snow? According to the forecast, Pierce County is going to get the biggest hit of the storm and they are anticipating a couple of inches starting Thursday afternoon and then a continuation on Friday and even Saturday, with at least 8" expected. I just want to remind you of the snow policy, since we have not used it in over a year! While we look at what other districts in the area are doing, we make the call for our own school, based on the current conditions in our area and the latest projections. Parents at our school drive from all over the Puget Sound area, so even if we have school, please make the best call based on your own driving conditions and safety. If we make the call for a late start or no school, we will send the information in the following ways:
- Via Renweb Parent Alert text (we have already sent those out this week regarding the COVID situation so if you have NOT received one this week, please contact Ms. Nina in the office so she can make sure we have your information correct in our system).
- On Facebook at https://m.facebook.com/HolyRosaryFife/ (If you are not following us, this is where you will get the most current information, as well as amazing pics, so please check us out!)
- KIRO 7 and KING 5 (We may be listed still as Holy Rosary Tacoma)
Please know that we do our best to make the decisions as early as possible so that parents can plan their day. If you don't hear anything, then it is a regular schedule. We thank you for your constant flexibility and support. Really...you are amazing! Stay safe and stay warm!
Don't forget that we will have Ash Wednesday mass next week so please join us as we begin the season of Lent. This will be instead of the Thursday mass for next week only.
Very Important Upcoming Events:
- Wed, Feb. 10th - Tuition DUE if not on FACTS.
- Fri, Feb. 12th - No School for Students (Teacher Professional Development)
- Mon/Tues, Feb. 15th-16th - No School for President's Day
- Wed, Feb. 17th - Ash Wednesday Mass (Lent Begins!!)
- Fri, Feb. 19th - Last Day for Auction Procurements (see info below)
- Sun, Feb. 28th - Last Day for Current Families to Register and Lock in Spot for 21-22
- Mon, Mar. 1st - Open Registration for New Families
- Thursday, Mar. 11th - End of Trimester 2
- Friday, Mar. 12th - Archdiocesan Retreat Day (No school for students)
- Friday, Mar. 19th - Report Cards go Home
- Wed, Apr. 14th - Fri, Apr. 16th - Silent Auction!!
- Sat, Apr. 17th - Live Auction (Virtual)
REMINDER: $100 Auction Family Commitments are due Friday, February 19, 2021!
As noted on the Financial Agreement, each Holy Rosary family is required to contribute to the annual Auction. This year we have combined our Gala and Auction events so we need to do even better on this event!
We will accept donations equal to or greater than $100 in value in the form of cash or check, gift cards to local restaurants, businesses, sporting events, or places of interest. Families may also provide vouchers for goods and services such as catering, lawn maintenance, baked goods, etc. For the virtual auction, we will have food/alcohol for pick-up. If you would like, you can donate wine towards your $100 commitment. We can provide donation forms, if you prefer to solicit your items from a local business, stop by the office to grab a form.
When turning in your auction items to the office, we will ask you to fill out a form with an item description and value. This allows us to track these as in-kind donations.
You can easily pay your $100 procurement commitment by contacting Nina in the office at 253-272-7012, or online here at https://secure.lglforms.com/form_engine/s/o5kPfZnwU-9YPZxE8gatew fill out the form and choose 2021 Auction Procurement from the Campaign drop-down menu.
If the item or payment is not received by February 19, families will be invoiced $150.
***Items are subject to procurement committee approval.***
For auction questions, contact us at email@example.com
Re-Enrollment for 2021-22
If you need the registration link, it is https://hr-wa.client.renweb.com/pwr/ If you have any questions or need help, just let us know. Currently, the cost to re-enroll is $150/student or $300/2 or more students. This cost will increase in March.