Friday Wrap Up
Testing - Week 4
We are tearing it up so far, so keep it up!
2016-2017 Course Pacing Guides
Now that we are coming into the final stretch of this school year, it is time to plan for the future! Next school year, all courses will follow pacing guides developed by you, our fabulous expert teachers! Previously emailed to all teachers, on 5/19, were instructions on and a recommended timeline for creating these pacing guides, as well as the template to use.
- Your first step in this process will be to reach out to your partner teacher to determine a schedule of meeting dates/times to work on this project. I have a few things I’d like to go over with each team individually, so I am asking that you invite me to your first meeting. Please try to have this first meeting prior to next Thursday the 26th – just let me know the details and I will try my best to make it fit with my schedule.
Pacing Guide Task
Weeks 1-3 (days 1-15): Monday, 5/30
Week 4-6 (days 16-30): Friday, 6/10
Week 7-9 (days 31-45): Thursday, 6/23
Final Draft :Monday, 6/27Editions & Revisions: Prior to Q1 start
No Department Meeting Next Tuesday
Quarter 4 ILP Update Window
What should I be doing?
1. Complete ILPs: Remember students who are brand new this quarter need an initial ILP; whereas, returning students need only an ILP update. These are conversations on progress in content classes, education goals, career plans, etc.
2. Document ILPs with the correct template in TVS:
- For directions on how to complete and document an ILP please reference sharepoint.
- Breadcrumbs: SharePoint California Managed Schools > Teams > IS-CALA > Insight Manual > Individualized Learning Plans
If you have any questions please ask you lead!
DDI Pre-Conference Questions
I look forward to "seeing" you!
Quarter 4 Work Records
- The work Record roster is now posted in SP. If there is a student missing from the roster and you need to do a work record on them, simply add them to your list.
- Remember if you are part of the virtual work record pilot program to refer to those directions on uploading into Pathways. If you need those again, please let me know and I will send them your way.
Please let me know if there are any questions.
Re-Registration 2016-2017 School Year
Please continue helping families complete their reregistration for the 2016-17 school year. All teachers that have 100% re-registration status by May 31st will be entered to win a $25 gift card.
All families need to do is designate either registering or not registering. Families in the following statuses: Status Unknown or Undecided, are not eligible for the drawing. All must be in registering or not registering status. So, when you are speaking with a student (regardless of your role) check the status and update it right then.
Johnny will be including the re-registration status each week on our combined report. Please be sure to look at this data.
Dana is holding weekly office hours every day (see below for days/times) to help families with this process in case they are having difficulties. Please send any families to her for support.
11 a.m. – 12 p.m.:
Homeroom Teachers - Please ensure you have sent the attached k-mail to your families. This includes instructions on how to complete the re-registration process (be sure to read it). We will continue to send out emails and making calls to families on the support side as well.
Totalview – Re-Registration Status:
When you pull up a student in TV, click on the overview tab. On the right hand side, you will see Registration Status. You should be able to update the status on this screen. If any family or you has trouble updating their status, please get what their status is and send it directly to me. I will update in the system. Be sure you always include the SID of the student when emailing me.
Homeroom Live Sessions
2016 Summer School Options for Insight Students
2016 Summer School Options for Insight Students
If students are registering for summer school, please have them contact their Student Support Specialist for assistance in choosing summer school course. We want to ensure that the course is meeting the high school graduation requirements.
The following information has been shared with all Insight students:
1. Local High School: Insight students can take courses at their local high school. Please check with those local schools for their enrollment policies.
2. Community College: Insight students may take courses at their local community college. Please check with the college regarding their enrollment policies.
3. Online School: Insight will accept summer school courses from most accredited schools. Please K-mail your Student Support Specialist if you have questions about other summer school programs. Copy and paste the links below into your browser to learn about the summer programs. Please contact the school directly for their enrollment policy and to sign up for summer courses.
· BYU Online HS http://is.byu.edu/
· Keystone http://keystoneschoolonline.com/
· National University Online HS http://www.k12.com/courses/summer-school-courses.html
· Laurel Springs http://laurelsprings.com/high-school/part-time-summer/
· Opportunity for eLearning http://oflvirtual.com/ Free summer school available for students in the Los Angeles area. Many courses are A-G approved.
· Cal Pac Charter Schools http://www.cal-pacs.org/ Free summer school option - students must reside in one of these counties: Imperial, Kern, Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego or Ventura. Please obtain the summer school form for Cal Pac from your Student Support Specialist.
Action Item: Upgrades to staff email
During the next 4 weeks there will be enhancements made to our email system.
As part of this process staff will be required to re-enter their email sign-in credentials. It is vitally important that BEFORE the upgrade occurs staff members verify and document their username and password to the email system.
Please test your .org account by logging in to - https://mail.k-12.com. If you cannot access the email account, then please submit a password reset ticket to www.k12nationalhelpdesk.com Please be sure to write the new password down to have it handy for the week of May 23rd.
Attached are some instructions developed by the IT department to support you during this enhancement.
Due Dates and Reminders
May 9- 27: Q4 ILP Update Window
May 20th: LP10 begins (5/20-6/17)
May 30th- Holiday (memorial day)
May 31st: Teacher calendars due
June 17th: End of Q4
Jun 21st: Q4 Gradebooks due
June 22nd and 24th- LA and SJ Graduation
June 24th: Q4 Work records due
June 30th: Teacher Calendars due