Active Learning Tool
An Anticipation Guide is a strategy that is used before reading to activate students' prior knowledge and build curiosity about a new topic. Before reading a selection, students respond to several statements that challenge or support their preconceived ideas about key concepts in the text.
- To establish purpose for reading, listening, or viewing
- To access prior knowledge.
- To help students refrain their thinking as necessary
- Prepare a series of statements related to the reading or other input source .
- Have students before reading, indicate weather they think the statement is true or false.
- have students read the selection or watch the video or demonstration.
- Have students, after reading answer the same questions again.
- Have students discuss where they found the information that change their thinking.
Kids Learn about Planets , Solar System Facts for Kids | Stars,The Planet By MediaWeb.co.il
Learning About The Planets in Our Solar System