The Mills Messenger
Every scholar matters and every moment counts!
Gerardo Hernandez, Assistant Principal
Sharri C. Zachary, Assistant Principal
The mission of Roger Q. Mills Elementary School is to provide a quality education for ALL students that supports academic achievement, promotes integrity, builds healthy self-esteem, embraces intrinsic motivation, and encourages successful study habits. Our goal is to develop college-ready students who will be contributing successors in our communities and beyond.
Texas Wildlife Association is pleased to announce their Learning Across New Dimensions in Science (L.A.N.D.S.) Teacher Workshops. If you are interested in native wildlife & natural resource curriculum this workshop is just for you! Learn how to teach your science units in a whole new way!
These are FREE, 6 hour, interactive, TEKS-aligned workshops for elementary, middle & junior high (K-8) educators.
-It’s FUN! And it’s FREE!
-Participate in hands-on class...
Saturday School at "The Q"
Please mark your calendars with the next Saturday School dates:
Students who attend Saturday School will be given a jeans pass for the Monday immediately following. Students may not save their passes to use on another day of the week.
April is Poetry Month!
Check out the great resources in the library as you plan your poetry lessons. Check out some old favorites, as well as some new ones! My favorite poetry lesson is "stacked poetry" and my new favorite poet is Brod Bagert. Ask me about both!
TumbleBook Usage has taken off! Continue to share this resource with your students, and many will carry the habit over to their tablets for summer reading. This is a resource provided to Mills as a part of the ACE initiative.
Monday, April 4, 2016
- 8:30a Data Meeting, Gr 4 RLA
- 12:00p Data Meeting, Gr 5 Science
- 1:30p Data Meeting, Gr 4 Math
- 4:20 - 5:30p K-2 RLA PD in Rm. 310, 3-5 RLA PD in Rm. 320, and 2-5 Math in Rm. 318
Tuesday, April 5, 2016
- 8:30 - 9:30a Taylor OOO @ training
- 10:00a ARD (Zachary, Molina, & Rubin)
- 10:45a ARD (Zachary, Patton, & Pierce)
- 1:15p ARD (Hernandez, Munoz, & Gerardino)
- 3:00p ARD (Hernandez, Moreno, & Valdez)
Wednesday, April 6, 2016
- Hernandez OOO @ training (PM)
- AFT on site in 3rd floor lounge
Thursday, April 7, 2016
- ACP Grade 5 Art Performance
- 12:30 - 4p Ramirez OOO (PM)
Friday, April 8, 2016
- Grade validation lists available in your mailboxes
- Lesson Plans DUE by 5pm in Google Drive
Saturday, April 9, 2016
9:00a - 12:00p Saturday School