Jaguar Tracks for Families
January 26, 2021
Joshua Eaton Reminders:
- Doors open & students begin to sign on @ 8:10
- Morning Work @ 8:10 -8:25
- School starts @ 8:25
- The dismissal bell rings @ 2:45
- Car tags must be hung on car visor or placed on the dash of the car to pick up car riders
- Send a note with your student if changing transportation home
- Students receive a free lunch every day
For families who are walking home via Oak St, please be sure to stay on the sidewalks as you leave JE to help keep everyone safe!!
COVID TESTING and Mitigation Measures
Further, if your child is quarantined, and we learn about it after school hours, it may take a full school to support your child remotely. Our entire staff is working extremely hard to support all of the changes as they come. Thank you for your flexibility and support as well.
We appreciate all of our parents and students continuing to follow the procedures to stay safe during this time. Please make sure your Jaguar wears a clean, new mask daily. If they forget their mask, we have them available. Students need to continue to bring a water bottle to school for the bottle filler stations.
If you need to drop off something at JE, outside the regular supply dropoff times, please call the mainline, 781-942-9161, and someone will assist you.
Our staff is doing everything possible to keep your Jaguar safe.
Joshua Eaton Lunch Menu
- January 25th -January 29th - Eaton School Spirit Week
- February 2nd - School Council Meeting
- February 3rd - School Pictures for Cohort A Gr 4 and 5
- February 10th - PTO General Meeting 7 pm
- February 15th - President's Day
- February 15th - 19th - Winter Break
- March 11th - Term 2 ends
- March 26th - Report Cards distributed & Professional Day for Staff (No School for students)
Joshua Eaton PTO News
Attention Fifth Grade Parents!
The task of putting together our fifth-grade students' yearbook is upon us! Our committee has worked out the timeline of collecting everything we need, and now we need YOUR help. In order for your child to be represented in the yearbook, we need YOUR PHOTOS! A link for photo submissions will follow soon, however, please begin collecting baby photos, kindergarten photos (if your child did not attend JE for this grade), and any school-related photos you have (from the Halloween Howl, Ice Cream Social, Jaguar Jog, any enrichment activities, etc). Look for more info in next week's Tracks! Questions? Contact: Rachel Hitch (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Julie Ross (email@example.com). Thank you!
Direct Donation Drive
Thank you to everyone who has donated to the PTO! We are continuing to collect for our drive and are so grateful for any amount you are able to contribute! As of this week, both cohorts should have received paper versions of our direct donation form. You may continue to donate via check, Paypal or Venmo. Thank you so much!
Our Next PTO Meeting
Mark your calendars! Our next PTO meeting is February 10th, from 7-8 pm. These meetings are a great way to see how our PTO works and offers you the ability to ask questions of us directly. More information about the upcoming meeting will be posted closer to the date, but I would love for you to join us!
As always, I am so appreciative of the generosity and support of our community. If you have questions, comments, concerns, or ideas - please reach out: firstname.lastname@example.org Have a wonderful week!
Joshua Eaton News
Student Absences - IMPORTANT
There are two ways to do that prior to 7:45 am of the morning the student is absent:
1. Call 781-942-9161, Dial 1 - leave a message
2. Email email@example.com
Remote Learning Reminders
- Designating a home workspace that is free from distractions;
- Participating in daily virtual check-ins/class meetings;
- Dressing appropriately when participating in virtual check-ins/class meetings;
- Showing their faces on the screen when engaging in virtual check-ins/class meetings;
- Showing proof of participation in daily virtual instruction by satisfactorily completing assignments to demonstrate evidence of student learning ie. video, picture, or activities submitted as lessons and/or completing assignments; and
- Communicating with the teacher when there is a need for additional assistance, tutoring, etc.
JE School Supply Pick-Up - Next Pick-up January 28th
From the Desk of Mrs. Trevejo, School Nurse
As of January 15th, 2021, The Massachusetts Department of Public Health has removed the requirement for flu vaccination for attendance in childcare/preschool, primary, secondary and postsecondary education. Preliminary data show that this has been a mild flu season to date, presumably as people have received their seasonal flu vaccine and have been adhering to mask-wearing and social distancing due to COVID-19. Given the intensive Commonwealth-wide efforts regarding COVID-19 vaccination, DPH wants to alleviate the burden to obtain flu vaccination and focus on continuing our COVID -19 vaccination efforts.
On a personal note, I want to thank our families for supporting this effort. Although the requirement has been lifted, we were able to achieve an overall vaccination rate of just under 90%, which is phenomenal! Thank you for doing your part to keep our community safe.
Important Reminder- Please send your students in with clothing that is appropriate for winter. Students should have gloves/mittens, hats, and warm jackets. We will continue to send children outside for recess as long as the “feels like” temperature is higher than 18 degrees. Given the increased restrictions around the school day related to COVID precautions, it is important to give children time outside to play and be active. Please feel free to reach out if you have any concerns. Elmy.firstname.lastname@example.org
PE Weekly challenge with Ms. Cucinotta
100 Jumping Jack Challenge
Student Council News
Student Council is sponsoring our annual Spirit Week! The week of 1/25-1/29. Feel free to take photos and email them to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to be posted on the Joshua Eaton Facebook page!
January 25th -January 29th
Monday- Pajama Day (remote students may have stuffed animals)
Tuesday- Fun Accessory Day
Wednesday- Wacky Wednesday
Thursday- TV/ Movie Character Day
Friday- Show your Joshua Eaton School Pride
Reading Coalition for Prevention and Support
If you are looking for individual therapy for your child or are interested in learning more about group therapy, please join Doc Wayne and the Reading Coalition for a virtual information session. Sessions will be hosted on:
- Tuesday February 2nd, 7:00-7:30PM: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83625231000?pwd=dk5PMWlPZVJzdHdudjYzOEFqZjRIUT09
- Thursday February 4th, 12:00-12:30PM: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81745519753?pwd=OGViZG1ucFpEVUU3Q0ZtWVY0MmJIQT09
Using a theoretical curriculum, which incorporates social-emotional learning and life skills, Doc Wayne offers innovative mental health programming. In addition to traditional individual therapy, Doc Wayne offers unique group therapeutic programs. Through these groups students:
- Have the opportunity and needed supports to become resilient and regulated individuals with positive adult and peer relationships
- Create positive relationships with teammates, friends, and family members
- Become confident and competent members of their schools and larger communities
- Achieve their highest level of academic success
Please see the attached PDF for additional information on Doc Wayne. All of Doc Wayne’s programming is being offered via telehealth due to COVID-19.
If you have any questions please contact Sammy Salkin, Outreach Coordinator, Reading Coalition for Prevention & Support at email@example.com.
SEPAC (Special Education Parent Advisory Council)
Please join the SEPAC (Special Education Parent Advisory Council) at our next business meeting on Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at 7:00 PM!
New business for this meeting includes an update from our reading/literacy subcommittee and a brief presentation by Alice Gomez, School Psychologist, on community resources, followed by a parent discussion regarding the same. Please join us for this presentation and discussion and feel free to share any additional resources that you think other parents may find helpful. All are welcome! This meeting will be held virtually, via Zoom.
Join us for our next
VIRTUAL SEPAC MEETING
on Tuesday, February 9th at 7 PM.
Meeting link: Join Zoom Meeting
Please also join us for our next VIRTUAL Reading and Literacy Subcommittee Meeting
on Tuesday, February 2nd at 7PM.
Meeting link: https://readingpsma.zoom.us/j/87835232197
All are welcome and
ENCOURAGED to attend!
Connect with SEPAC by clicking these links:
- Join SEPAC's mailing list by emailing SEPACREADING@gmail.com
- Follow SEPAC on Facebook (please adjust settings so that you are sure to see our posts)
- Visit SEPAC’s website
The mission of the Reading Special Education Parent Advisory Council (SEPAC) is to work for the understanding of, respect for, and support of, all children with special needs in the community.
Superintendent Virtual Office Hours
- Now that we have begun the school year, we will be restarting the Superintendent Virtual Office Hours. Office hours will be scheduled in 20 minutes blocks of time on Microsoft Teams. If you would like to schedule an office hour, please complete this link.
RPS Food Distribution
School Committee Meeting this Thursday
Office of Student Services
Special Education Support
If you have any questions about your student’s IEP or services please reach out to our building Team Chairperson, Shana Goldwyn at Shana.Goldwyn@reading.k12.ma.us
Office of Student Services Office Hours
As this year comes to a close, we wanted to thank you for all that you do. This has been a challenging year for all and we couldn't have done it without the support you've provided to your students and the school. As Russel Johnson, the Director of Special Ed for DESE always says, 'We are only stronger when we work together'. We are all looking forward to a new year!
Prior to leaving for vacation, we wanted to let you know of our Office Hours for January. We have enjoyed meeting with families during this time and encourage you to sign up if you have any questions or concerns for us. Please use the link below to select a time to meet with us. Prior to your scheduled time, a ZOOM link will be sent to you via email. Please be sure to include your email address when you sign up.
Office Hours for January
Wednesday 1/20 @ 3-4 pm
Monday 1/25 @ 10-11 am
Link to the Doodle Poll to sign up for Office Hours:
Jen and Allison
Family Support Resources
Please be reminded of these amazing resources, if your family is in need:
- RPS Behavioral Health Resources linked here.
- Town of Reading: compiled resources linked here.
- RCASA and Mental Health Support linked here.
- St. Vincent de Paul linked here.
- Free & Reduced lunch access: sign up here.
- Reading Food Pantry linked here.
- Project Bread link here.
- Residential Financial Assistance (Rent/Mortgage) link here. (New resource! Check it out!)