UHMS - Parent Newsletter
March 2020 Edition II
Extended Spring Break, Virtual Learning, and More!
Hello Phoenix Families -
We are very excited to be back together as a campus even if there is a bit of distance between us. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time. We will continue to send weekly updates via parent newsletter, campus grade levels, and or individual teachers. We ask that you all remain "Palm Trees", flexible and adaptable as we navigate this new world of Virtual Learning. At this time, we do not have any information about grade promotion, graduation, and a proposed date for resuming school, however, as updates become available, we will share that with you all.
Uplift Hampton Admin Team -
Mrs. Parhms. , Mrs. Cormier, Mr. Deacon, Mrs. Mangum
A message from Director Parhms!
The Latest from our CEO, Yasmin Batia
OFFICIAL UPLIFT CLOSING LETTER
Everything a Hampton Parent Needs to Know - About Virtual Learning!
Overview: UHMS will be providing lessons from our teachers! That's right, starting Monday, March 23rd scholars can login to their teachers google classroom/online classroom to watch recorded lessons and complete assignments from their grade level teachers. Each day, a different content/teacher(s) will offer virtual lessons from their google classrooms, in addition to office hours where you and your scholar can ask clarifying questions on assignments and lessons via virtual or by email.
What days will each content/teacher offer his/her lesson?
Review the Hampton Virtual Schedule below. Where is says "Network Options", scholars will still log on the the Uplift Youtube page at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH2ViG3HABnAV0ypHovvR1w. Scholars will then follow the rest of the UHMS schedule as listed for that day.
How does my scholar get access to their teacher's Google Classroom?
Under the section "UHMS Teacher Google Classrooms", scholars will find their teachers names and use the code under "Classroom Code" to join their google classroom on google. Be sure to watch the video under that section that shows you and you scholar the step by step process.
Grades: We understand that its a trying time with adjusting to virtual learning. With that said, we are strongly encouraging you to motivate your scholars to complete the assignments/tasks that are being asked of them so they continue learning and getting prepared for their next grade level. Teachers will be keeping documentation of scholars progress on these assignments and will be communicating with you, just as if we were on campus.
UHMS Virtual Learning Schedule
How does my scholar follow this schedule?
Example: This scenario will act as though today is Tuesday.
Since today is Tuesday, the scholar will only watch and complete lessons for Science, Math, and Spanish.
1. Scholar goes to the Uplift Youtube channel to watch the lessons for Science, Math, and Spanish (for their grade only) at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH2ViG3HABnAV0ypHovvR1w.
2. Scholar then goes to their Science, Math, and Spanish teacher's google classrooms to watch additional lessons and complete assignments from those teachers.
3. Scholar can ask questions or have a short tutoring lesson with those teachers based on their Office Hours. More information about this can be found on the teachers Google Classroom.
4. Repeat Steps 1 - 3 each day.
UHMS Teacher Google Classrooms
How does my scholar join a teacher's Google Classroom?
FAMILY TIME TIPS --- Cabin Fever, Help!
Take up some sun: Go outside and just enjoy the fresh air. Take some time to talk about the current state of our country or make plans for when you can socialize with society again.
TV/Movie: Find a family, friendly, television show or movie to watch together. Pair it with a favorite household snack.
Dance Challenge: Find a song and create a family routine. Record it and send it to friends and family!
SNAP, SNAP! GOOD THINGS CAUGHT ON CAMERA!
Send us your pictures so they can be in our next Parent Newsletter!
Email them to:
STAAR TEST DATES
Official Letter from Governor Gregg Abbott
What's happening around Hampton?
All UHMS Field Trips, cancelled!
Counselor's Corner - Ms. Jackson
Need to Contact a Teacher?
7th: Mr. Deacon will be sending one out to parents
Need to Meet With Administration?
1. Request a Virtual Meeting: Now that we cannot meet face to face, send us a request via email to meet virtually - Google Hangout, Skype, Zoom, etc to discuss your concerns "face to face".
2. Email – All emails addresses can be found on our Uplift Website as well as at the bottom of every newsletter. Emailing can possibly save time by eliminating phone tag especially if a call back may occur during difficult to answer situations such as work hours. All emails will be responded to within 48 business hours.
We thrilled with your outstanding engagement in your child’s education and we thank you for your cooperation in this matter.