School will release at 1:30pm on October 26, and there will be no school on October 27 and 28 to accommodate for these conferences. We are excited for the opportunity to sit down with our parents and families!
All parents are invited to watch the Hawthorne Costume Parade outside the front of the building. The parade will start at 1:00pm along the front sidewalk. Students will exit the kindergarten doors, parade down the sidewalk in front of the building and will re-enter the building through the 4th grade doors.
Parents who would like to pick their students up will need to check them out of the front office.
What an amazing start to our school year. We have had a wonderful time completing ACTS OF KINDNESS with your students, and can't wait to see what else the year brings.
Our next fundraiser will surely help you with your fall clean-up. Starting Oct 3-14th, we will be collecting soft goods for Savers. Place your soft goods (clothing, blankets, ect) in a 13 gal kitchen bag, look for the trailer parked in the North parking lot and add your bagged donated goods - it's that simple! Look for more information on this fundraiser to come home with your student(s) soon.
Oct 3-14 Savers Collection, North Parking lot Trailer
Oct 11 PTO Meeting, School Library
Oct 19 Hawthorne Night at La Fuente
Oct 26 Fall Parties
Oct 26 PTO sponsored Hospitality
Compassion In Action
Front Office Info
- If emailing the front office to change your child's transportation, if possible, please identify your child's teacher as well.
- If you are changing your child's default mode of transportation home, you MUST request that in writing via email or a handwritten note. We will not send students home a way other than the default mode of transportation without a written request. Please communicate that information no later than 2:00pm.
- As an increased security measure, the district is requiring that ALL adults coming into the building to pick up a child or to go past the office show identification. Please help us support this safety measure by always coming to the school building with your i.d.
- Need to email the school office? Please use the email address HToffice@ksdr1.net.
- The bell will ring at 8:25am to allow students in the building.
- School will begin at 8:40am Students who arrive to school after 8:40a.m. will be counted tardy.
- Dismissal for bus riders and walkers will begin at 3:25pm. Car rider dismissal will begin at 3:30pm.
Alternate Schedule Bell Times:
2-Hour Early Out - 8:40 am to 1:25 pm
Half-Day - 8:40am to 11:40 am
2022-2023 School Meal Prices:
Breakfast - $1.85
Lunch - $2.55
Meal payments can be made through the Titan Family Portal or cash/checks can be sent in; these payments can be made anytime. All families should complete the Free and Reduced-Price Lunch Application. This will ensure that KSD has the resources to provide support services for every child.
- Please use the following link to complete the application as soon as possible: Free and Reduced-Price Lunch Application
Email Cel Morris at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (816) 628-4116 if you have questions about the Free and Reduced-Price Lunch Application process.
1:1 Device Insurance
KSD provides devices for all students: iPads in grades K-1 and Chromebooks in Grades 2 through 12. Each student will be assigned their own district-issued device.
We are offering an insurance program at minimal cost to protect against accidental damage to these devices. Insurance coverage is required if students in Grades 2 through 12 wish to bring their assigned Chromebooks home. If parents/guardians do not register for the insurance program, the student’s parents/guardians will be responsible for the full cost of any damage to their KSD-issued device, including any damage that occurs while the device is at school.
- For more information on the coverage, fees, and deductibles of this insurance program, please click here
- For Frequently Asked Questions about our 1:1 program, please click here
1:1 insurance enrollment will begin on July 25 for the 2022-2023 academic year. To enroll, please visit the One2One Risk site starting on July 25 and enter your child's student ID when prompted.
NOTE: 1:1 Insurance Registration will need to be completed separately for each student.
Meet Our Grade Level Teams!
Behavior Intervention Support Team (BIST)
Hawthorne teachers and staff have been learning over the past year how to best support our students who may struggle at times with behaviors by utilizing the BIST model. The purpose of the BIST model is to partner with students when they are struggling and help them be accountable for their actions to make changes in their life.
BIST is designed to teach and protect students through GRACE and ACCOUNTABILITY so that students can demonstrate three important life skills listed below and make good choices.
Grace is unconditional acceptance of students, but not negative behavior.
Accountability is allowing students to accept responsibility for themselves and their actions.
I can make good choices even if I am mad or have an overwhelming feeling.
I can be okay even if others are not okay.
I can do something even if it's hard or I don't want to.