Iron Station Elementary News Week of September 7th
Best Wishes to Mrs. Benton in Her Retirement!
Mrs. Benton has made the hard decision to retire from Iron Station after 12 years of service to the community. We would like to thank her for all of her work and dedication to our students over the past 12 years! Please feel free to drop off a card at the school if you would like to express your congratulations to her in this new phase of life. For the remainder of the 2020 calendar year Mrs. Rhonda Harrill will serve as our interim principal.
Important News & Updates
It has been so wonderful to see our students back in the building! We are off to a great start and are so happy our "train is back on the track"!
- We are now at 50% attendance. Your child should be coming to school twice a week and should be working remotely three times a week.
- If your child is an all virtual student please make sure you are having them check in with their teacher daily for attendance. Hybrid students should also check in with their teacher through Google Classroom or ClassDojo.
- If your child picked up a chrome-book from our county office we ask that you would call the school to make an appointment for a time to swap out your device for a device from Iron Station. This is a quick process and should take less than 5 minutes! Thank you.
Car Rider Procedures
- Thank you to everyone for handling our morning car rider questions and temperature procedures with grace!
- For AFTERNOON car riders we ask that you please DO ONT pass the car in front of you even if your child has entered your car or if another color is open. This will help to prevent any accidents with students entering the driver side of their vehicle.
- If your child needs help buckling up or getting in a car seat please move to the visitor spaces so not to hold up the line.
In the Event of an Emergency!
The Parent Portal is now working properly and ready for you to complete necessary paperwork for your child(ren). Currently we only have 50% of our students forms completed. Please take the time to complete this as there are forms and information that is vital to the school and needed in case of an emergency. https://www.lcsnc.org/Page/3535
What is a Title One School Anyway?
All Pro Dads
Lunch Menu and Support
Free & Reduced Lunch Online Application
All students will receive free lunch until December 31st. After December we will go back to our pay program for school lunches. Please fill out the confidential free and reduced lunch application by clicking here. Returning families MUST fill out a new form each year. https://www.lcsnc.org/Page/2938