Girl Scout Troop 2219
Make the Girl Scout Promise...
Girl Scout Troop 2219 Reminders
- Please talk to your daughter about how much fun she will have this year with Girl Scouts with our new "Wonders of Water" Journey. Tell her she will get to vote on the troop service projects and field trips too.
- Practice the Girl Scout Promise, which is said at every troop meeting.
- Have your daughter do chores to earn $1 dues to bring to the 1st troop meeting for her dues. This could be as simple as sweeping the floor, making her bed, or setting the dinner table. Tell your daughter about the story below.
- Please bring required forms (links below) and fees to the 1st meeting ($30) if you have not turned in these items already. Checks are to be made out to Girl Scout Troop 2219. Girls were already registered with Girl Scouts paid for by troop funds from cookie sales last year.
- Parents must be registered as well to chaperone and attend events.
**Please email or text with any questions.
All parents must be registered for Girl Scouts ASAP! Click the link to get started. The fee is $15.
Brownies' First Meeting
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Learn the Girl Scout Promise & Law
- Kapers (jobs for each meeting)
- Wow Journey Activities
- Plan our Investiture Ceremony, field trips and badges.
Troop Meeting at Farrell's
Wednesday, Sep. 23rd, 6-7pm
221 East Davis Boulevard
- Feel free to get your child an ice-cream cone when you pick her up from the meeting.
- The girls can enjoy dessert together after our meeting.
Wonders of Water Journey
The WOW! journey presents Brownies the opportunity to
earn four awards. Girls begin with small, personal acts and then move out to purposeful teamwork that engages the larger community and influences its members in significant ways.
LOVE Water - This first award encourages girls to become aware of the many ways they use and enjoy water. As they begin to understand the science of water and its importance in the world, they will also make a personal commitment to protectit. To earn the award the girls show two things they know and love about water and make and carry out one personal promise that protects water.
Brownies did a great job at their first Cleanup! Thank you to parents too for joining us & helping out!
The Brownie Uniform
The Troop Fee Covers:
- Brownie sash (for new girls)
- Start-up patches
- Brownie Tab & Pin
- Journey Badge set
- Small fee for Field trip
Mark Your Calendars!
- September 23: Troop Meeting at Farrel's on the Island (Davis Islands)
- October 4th: Girl Scout Field Trip TBA
- October 17th: Meeting at Leadership Center--Ceremony & SWAPS (TBA)
- November TBA: Girl Scout Field Trip TBA
- November TBA: Troop Meeting TBA
- December 5th: Family Trip to Singing Rivers Eco Boat Tour at Withlacoochee & Rainbow River, Dunnellon
- December: Cookie Training for new Cookie Moms (Katie Cappy & Mercee Glew)
- December 19: Girl Scout Mother's Tea & Cookie exchange at Leadership Center
If you didn't fill out the permission form, please bring it to the 1st meeting.
To assist with driving/carpooling to Girl Scout Field Trips, every parent must sign & submit the Safe Driver Pledge form.