The DCMS Bat Signal: 12/17/18
Super me, super you, everyday heroes make dreams come true.
Good Morning Team DCMS Superheroes!
We are at the 5-day countdown, 4-day with students, until we have our well-deserved Christmas Break! Provide structure, structure, supervision, academics, structure, structure, academics, supervision, fun, and MORE structured supervision. Do you get my drift? Now is not the time to let down. Be smart; be the teacher.
With that said, students should remain in the classroom for the duration of a class. Limit trips to the bathrooms and lockers to emergencies. You will know by the look on a child's face and recent past history if a trip is emergent or not. Use your best-informed judgment in these matters knowing that sometimes even good kiddos make bad choices from time to time. As the adults in charge here, limit the opportunities for students to do so.
Friday, 12/21's Breakfast Pitch-In Sign Up
Our pitch-in is this Friday morning at 8:15 AM in the Bat Cave! Please sign up to bring something yummy. So far we only have enough to feed a few tiny elves. See below:
- Webster - Bagels & Cream Cheese
- Gillock: Hard Boiled Eggs
- Sheila - Doughnuts
- Hendricks- Fruit
- Stobart - Something ;)
- Luce - biscuits & gravy
- Rector - Breakfast Pizza
- No Sweat Day - Monday, 12/17 - Wear sweats!
Red and Green Day - Tuesday, 12/18 – Wear your favorite red and green outfit.
Christmas/Holiday Hat Day - Wednesday, 12/19 – Wear your Santa hats, elf hats, etc.
Santa Day - Thursday, 12/20 – Wear your Santa gear to feel festive; beards, hats, etc.
- Semester Celebrations (Individual by Grade Level) - Thursday, 12/20 PM
- Ugly Sweater Day - Friday, 12/21 – Does this need an explanation?
- NO Students - Friday, 12/21; Grades are due @ 3 PM - sharp.
- Breakfast Pitch-In - Friday, 12/21, @ 8:15 AM in the Bat Cave
- Cookie Exchange - Friday, 12/21, @ 11 AM in the admin conference room
- First Day Back - Monday, 1/7 - Regular Schedule
- DCMS PTO Mtg - Monday, 1/14, @ 3:30 PM in the admin conference room
- School Board Mtg - Monday, 1/14, @ 6:30 PM @ South Elementary cafe
- MLK Day - Monday, 1/21- No School
- Counselor Appreciation Week - 2/4 - 2/8
- A Cup Above Catering - Friday, 2/8, from 9 AM - 10:30 AM; you may preorder!
- President's Day - Monday, 2/18, SCHOOL IS IN SESSION
Upcoming Meetings - NOTICE CHANGES****
- ***No PLC - Wednesday, 12/19 - Merry Christmas (Feel free to meet if needed, but you can meet for breakfast at a restaurant or wherever you please, or just sleep in.)***
- ***Faculty Mtg - Tuesday, 1/15, in The Bat Cave @ 7:25 AM*** Date change due to presenter availability. We will NOT meet on 1/8. We will meet on the 15th. We will be learning about the zones of regulation and de-escalation strategies.
- PLC - Wednesday, 1/9, in The Bat Cave @7:25 AM
- Department Head Meeting with Marsha - Tuesday, 1/15, @ 3:30 PM
- PLC - Wednesday, 1/16, in The Bat Cave @7:25 AM
- Department Mtgs - Tuesday, 1/22, @ 7:25 AM; locations TBD by DH's
- PLC - Wednesday, 1/23 in The Bat Cave @7:25 AM
- PLC - Wednesday, 1/30, in The Bat Cave @7:25 AM
Shorts, Longs, & Coaching Observations – Expect that we will be visiting frequently and maybe even multiple times in a week.
Attendance Must Be Taken EACH Period – Attendance must be taken each period. This is not optional and cannot continue to be forgotten. At this point, this is considered a minimum performance expectation.
- Cell Phone Violations Procedures are found here at the following link. Please familiarize yourself with the process. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yo87qFzgaYYG4L5Tw6LKFdpQ7d_OHymU4UId1rL2qlI/edit?usp=sharing
- Friday School / Detention Supervisor Sign-Up – Please sign up to supervise a Friday School or Detention for the good of the school culture using the links below. Detentions will now be on Thursday AM and Thursday PM.
Detention - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Xz-cAK_wEAroQymY6EMxUSFs8afMLCGJ0g0UpOcnbHY/edit?usp=sharing
About Us: Mission & Collective Commitments
We are a collaborative group of educators committed to ensuring high student achievement.
We commit to…
- Focusing on student proficiency of Indiana College & Career Readiness standards, not just coverage of material.
- Working collaboratively to benefit all students with a focus on results.
- Join forces to learn by doing on a daily basis.
- Using frequent common assessments that inform and drive our instruction.
- Providing intervention and enrichment based upon the formative data.
- Furthering a culture that uses value-added language, encourages one another, and celebrates successes.