Bay Harbor Newsletter
Wednesday, September 8, 2021
IMPORTANT PHONE NUMBERS
Main Office ............(920) 662-8800
Attendance ............(920) 662 8888
A Message from the Principal,
Bay Harbor Sailor Families,Bay Harbor Sailor Families,
Welcome officially to the 2021-2022 school year! We are off to yet another tremendous start! I am extremely excited about the group of students and staff we have at BH this year. There is so much positive energy flowing around the building. Thank you for all you have done to prepare your child for the school year. The partnership between home and school is crucial to the success of a child. Bay Harbor is truly a special place!
In addition to the communication you get from the classroom teacher, this newsletter is meant to share important happenings from the school perspective. I try to add “just enough” to the beginning of each newsletter so that we can stay connected. Please know you can always reach out to me via phone or email if I can ever be of assistance.
Prior to the start of the school year, I sent out a message that contained a link to some important building information, processes, procedures, etc. If you would like to look at that again, CLICK HERE. Thank you very much for following our updated drop-off and pick-up procedures! They are going very well and are making things much safer and less stressful.
Have a wonderful rest of the week and I look forward to being a partner in your child’s learning career!
Tony Ebeling, Bay Harbor Elementary School Principal
BAY HARBOR CALENDAR
1 - First Day of School
6 - NO SCHOOL - LABOR DAY
7 - PTO Meeting - 6:00 pm
9 - Bay Harbor Day - (moved to this day from the 8th)
24 - NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS (Staff PD Day)
5 - PTO Meeting 6:00 pm
8 - Picture Day, Harbor Habits Day
13 - Bay Harbor Day
15 -NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS (Staff PD Day)
26 - P/T Conferences 4:00-7:30
28 - P/T Conferences 4:00-7:30
29 - NO SCHOOL (ALL)
SCHOOL MEALS TO GO
Curbside Meal Pickup: Families will receive meal bundle bags for the week. Curbside Meal Pickup is available on Wednesdays at Bay View from 3:30-6 p.m. Sign up is now required.
Click here for more information and sign-up instructions. Please read the form completely as there are updates on how the program works.
School Meals To-Go are free for all HSSD-enrolled students 18 and under through June 30, 2022. This service is provided by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).
All families enrolled in the school district are eligible! Please note that the window of sign up weekly is open Wednesday's at 12:00 pm and closes on Friday's at 10:00. All the details of the sign up, menu, and needs are linked in the google form. We appreciate you helping us field questions but certainly have them reach out to Jill if they need anything addition. If you could put this link(s) in your weekly memo to families I know they would certainly appreciate it very much as a reminder as they will need to sign up each week for each child to participate.
Bay Harbor PTO
ORAL HEALTH PARTNERSHIP
Dental Sign Up reminder for schools
Oral Health Partnership (OHP) is coming to your school to provide in-school dental care to your child! OHP serves children with Medicaid or uninsured on the free and reduced lunch program. If your child qualifies, please fill out the health history - https://ohp.dentalsymphony.com/patient/newpatient.aspx
OHP plans to be at your school this fall!
¡Oral Health Partnership (OHP) viene a su escuela para suministrar cuidado dental para su hijo en su escuela! OHP sirve a los niños con asistencia médica o sin seguro que califican para almuerzo gratis o reducido en la escuela. Si su hjio califica, favor de llenar un historial médico - https://ohp.dentalsymphony.com/patient/newpatient.aspx
¡OHP tiene planes venir a su escuela este otoño!
FROM THE SCHOOL BOARD
Education breeds confidence. Confidence breeds hope. Hope breeds peace.” – Confucius
School District and School Board Summer Highlights
This summer our learning community was energized once again with opportunities for children of all ages and abilities as the District welcomed over 3,000 students enrolled in summer school classes. However, students were not the only ones engaged in learning this summer. Below are a few highlights of District educator and School Board activities during the last three months.
● Data Driven: Teams of teachers and principals analyzed assessment and survey data trends to inform curriculum, instruction and assessment practices for the upcoming school year;
● Facilities Planning: Thanks to our community support for the April referendum, planning began in earnest throughout the District. Educators, architects, and construction managers met numerous times and will continue ongoing efforts in support of upgrading all eight of our community’s schools;
● Continuous Improvement: Routine maintenance, repair, landscaping, and cleaning of the community’s eight school facilities, totaling more than 1-million square feet, keeps our sites operating safely, efficiently and effectively throughout the school year;
● Compassion: The Howard-Suamico Education Foundation partnered with Green Bay Community Church, businesses, employees, and other civic organizations in providing over 400 economically disadvantaged students with backpacks and essential school supplies;
● Return to Learn: District leaders worked with the Board of Education, HSSD staff, Medical Health Advisory Team, and others to create a plan to return to five days a week in-person learning starting September 1 centered on health and safety, student wellbeing, and academics;
● Leadership: Board of Education members attended the Wisconsin Association of School Board (WASB) 2021 Summer Leadership Institute in July. The Board of Education also met regularly to discuss, refine and develop policy language.
The District and Board seek to use frequent and varied methods of communication with the community. Please let us know how we are doing and if there are other ways you would like us to consider sharing and receiving information.
For more information about the Howard-Suamico School District, please visit our website at www.hssdschools.org.