October 6, 2017
Be THE Voice is a locally-developed, student-led anti-bullying program offered at Elkins Pointe Middle School. EPMS Interact Club @ Elkins Pointe is a sponsor of the COLOR BLAST!
OCTOBER IS PARENT-TEACHER CONFERENCE MONTH
If you would like a conference, please email your teacher.
October is Careers In Construction Month!
- 10/6 - NO SCHOOL - Teacher Workday
- 10/9 - NO SCHOOL - School Closed (FCS Holiday)
- 10/10 - RHS Construction Parent Night @ 6:30 at RHS Auditorium
- 10/11 - Jr. Beta Mtg @ 8 am in Media Center
- 10/11 - Academic Bowl @ 8 am (cafeteria)
- 10/11 - “Shark Tank” event in Ms. Lindesay's 8th-grade classes
- 10/11 - Fall Music Showcase for Band, Orchestra & Chorus @ 6:30 pm (Gym)
- 10/12 - FCA @ 7:45 am (Media Center)
- 10/12 & 10/13 - Spin with the Eagles @ MHS (Homecoming Game)
- 10/13 - Interact Club Mtg @ 7:45 am (D-119)
- 10/13 - 8th Grade Hat Day for Hurricane Relief Donations!!!
- 10/13 - MHS Homecoming Parade & Football Game
- 10/14 - Youth Day Parade - ALL INVITED TO MARCH @ 9:30 am (Mimosa St.)
- 10/14 - RCC Food Trucks & Movie Night at Hembree Springs (opens @ 6 pm)
- 10/15 - "Be the Voice" Color Run @ EPMS from 2 pm - 6 pm
DATES TO NOTE:
FALL MUSIC SHOWCASE @ EPMS
on Wednesday, Oct. 11 @ 6:30 pm (Gym & Atrium)
Band - Chorus - Orchestra
YOUTH DAY PARADE - JOIN OUR FLOAT
on Saturday, October 14th
@ 9:30 AM to walk with our Float!
Meet us on Mimosa Street in downtown Roswell
in front of the First Baptist Church
COLOR BLAST RUN @ EPMS
on Sunday, October 15th at 2 PM!
Support AntiBullying by Registering to Run/Walk
7TH GRADE GALAXY PARTY @ EPMS
on Tuesday, Oct, 24th, after-school to 5:30 pm
and it will be 'Out of this World'...
Happy Friday Titans,
WOW! Can you believe that we are already nearing the end of our first 9 weeks of school? Time is surely flying by, and we have accomplished much since the start of school! Since Curriculum Night, we have put on a myriad of engagement activities such as "Get Connected Night," "6th Grade Bring your Parent to School Day," our 8th Grade Savannah Trip, and Parent University Workshops, all with one ultimate mission...to keep our school Smart, Happy, and Connected!
Today, during our Teacher Work Day, our Teacher-Led Personalized Learning team trained their peers by sharing highly effective teaching strategies to support Rigor, Student Collaboration, and Organization. Also, our TAG Certification Cohort led by Jennifer Okiyama trained 13 teachers to acquire additional TAG strategies, tools, and resources to support the work of Personalized Learning. These teachers will be able to bring their new strategies into the classroom with our TAG, Advanced, and On-Level students. During our Full Release Days, we will continue to use our time to roll out new and innovative teaching methods.
Our SGC has just begun the work to establish our Strategic Plan which will incorporate the new goals of the District’s Strategic Plan. Please take a moment to look at the slide below to see the District's Goals, and how we at Elkins Pointe, are so nicely set up to accomplish the District’s mission for school improvement. It may be a coincidence or perhaps it is just me, but it seems that Superintendent Jeff Rose's goals align so beautifully with our Smart, Happy and Connected mission.
"Welcome Back from Savannah" to our 8th-grade students and teachers! Parents, we truly appreciate you for trusting us with your children. This authentic opportunity allowed students to gain a real-world approach to learning in a tactile way. Our students saw with their very own eyes the First Baptist Church where Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. gave one of his most famous speeches. Just before boarding a Riverboat, they savored pecan clusters, candy apples, and salt water taffy from River Street Sweets. While breathing in the salty air, they listened to the crash of the surf on Tybee Island. Our 8th-graders (and maybe a brave teacher) clambered up the wooden ladders at Fort King George. Our Titans traversed the streets of Plains, GA, the home of President Jimmy Carter. This trip will be remembered for a lifetime, and it is an honor to have impacted our students.
Now that you have a feel for the kind of learning we wish for each student at Elkins Pointe to experience, I would like to point out that THIS is the type of learning our PTSA is working so hard to raise additional funds to support. Through the PTSA Annual "BEYOND THE CLASSROOM" Campaign, students at every grade level will experience learning they can "Taste, Feel, See, Hear and Smell!" Please GIVE! If you have not given, please do so, and if you have given, please consider becoming a Business Partner or sponsoring one of the PTSA programs, Thursday Clubs, or a teacher's project.
At the 9 week mark, we have been "moving and shaking!" We are halfway to our goal of raising $15K, but halfway means we need $15K more! A huge "Thank You" to all who have moved our mission of Smart, Happy and Connected forward.
Enjoy your long weekend Titans!
Kindra L. Smith, Ed.S
Elkins Pointe Middle School
Home of the Titans!
GADOE SURVEY LINKS - EPMS CCRPI
GADOE SURVEY LINKS FOR STUDENTS, PARENTS & TEACHERS/STAFF
The school climate surveys for the 2017-2018 school year officially opened on Monday, October 2, 2017, and will remain open through Friday, March 2, 2018.
- Student Survey (Grades 6-8): http://gshs.gadoe.org/middleschool
- Parent Survey: http://gshs.gadoe.org/parents
- Teacher/Staff Personnel Survey: http://gshs.gadoe.org/personnel
The Georgia Department of Education (GADOE) requires 100% participation from students, teachers, and parents. 100% participation helps our school score points on GADOE's College and Career Ready Performance Index (CCRPI).
SURVEY TAKES ONLY (5) FIVE MINUTES!
If you want to see how we are doing in participation, click here.
For More Info on the GADOE Climate Surveys, click here.
PTSA Financial Update
It’s been a busy two months for Elkins Pointe PTSA! Thank you to everyone who has joined the PTSA – we are 621 members strong as of the end of September. And a big THANK YOU to everyone who made a “Beyond the Classroom” donation. We have raised $16,841 in academic enrichment donations so far. That’s over halfway to our goal of $30,000! With school store revenues and spiritwear purchases, we’re closing in on 60% of our fundraising goal. How can you help? If you or your student are not members, sign up now! If you haven’t donated to the Enrichment Fund, now’s the time! Take advantage of employer matching programs to double your gift! Participate in upcoming spirit nights and if you own a business, check out our business partner program.
Where does your money go? So far this year, the PTSA has spent money on the following:
· Purchased the pizza for the 6th grade “Camp Titan” and their WEB Leaders
· Stocked the school store so last minute supply needs are no worries
· Treated the teachers and staff to a “welcome back” lunch before school started
· Published and mailed a Back to School Guide full of helpful information to start your school year
· Funded the inaugural “Get Connected” Night
· Purchased snacks and supplies for the student support closet
· Hosted an awesome tailgate party for 6th graders
· Paid for our annual operating costs, like our audit, insurance, Council Dues and forms and supplies
In the next month or so, the PTSA will be sponsoring Red Ribbon Week, the Reflections contest and the 7th-grade dance. Teachers have submitted applications for mini-grants and club grants and we’ll let you know about those soon. WE are doing wonderful work together!!!
Smart Happy & Connected Things!
Holocaust Memorial Museum at Elkins Pointe
On Oct. 4th, our 6th grade Social Studies students turned the Media Center in the Washington DC Holocaust Museum. Students created an artifact exhibit, with a shoe memorial on the Media Center wall, black and white newsreel movie, and displays of borrowed Jewish treasures. The Exhibit will be on display until Oct. 13th. All parents and students are invited to visit. Thank you to 6th grade Social Studies teachers, Mrs. Henderson and Mrs. Gallagher, for making this exhibit possible.
8th Grade GA Trip!
We are so happy that our 8th graders have returned from their Savannah Trip. What a fortunate opportunity they have experienced. This trip is designed to enhance the 8th grade Social Studies curriculum. Our 8th graders will be able to visualize their travels as they learn the History of Georgia.
Thank you to our Savannah chaperones: Burris, Ramsay, Striggles, White, Bolson, Purvis, Palmer, Bearden, Billups, Tongue, Hardigree, Palermo, Tyus, Wallace, Jones, Leventhal. Thank you for your time and supervision.You had an impact on a memorable experience for our kids.
Thank you also to the 8th-grade teachers who stayed behind to keep it all together, Wampler, Williams, Vogel, Feilen, Goodrich, Osborne, Mendy - Thank you!!!
Happy Custodians Week to Miss Edith!
Our head custodian, Miss Edith Woodruff has single-handedly been holding down the fort! Miss Edith connects our building in ways that you could never imagine. She is the first one in in the morning and has been the last one to leave at night. Miss Edit unlocks our doors, set the cafeteria up, assembles furniture, cleans the frequent spills in hallways, and the list goes on, and on, and on.... Miss Edith interacts with every teacher, staff member, student, and PTSA. We could not host dances without her and for that reason Miss Edith our Batman! If you want to know what fuels Miss Edith it is coffee strong coffee..Krispie Kreme to be exact!!!
Things to Know
RHS Careers in Construction Parent Night - 10/10 @ 6:30 at RHS Auditorium
This event is designed to raise awareness of the many benefits available to students in the Roswell Cluster of schools in construction technology, including early education through elementary school clubs, middle school courses and high school hands-on industry-specific training, including NCCER and OSHA certifications. In addition, the event will showcase career opportunities available to students after graduation.
Location: ROSWELL HIGH SCHOOL AUDITORIUM, 11595 King Rd, Roswell, GA 30075
- Meet with Industry Professionals, Apprenticeship Programs, and the K-12 Construction Pipeline Teachers
- It’s not your Daddy’s shop class anymore
- Food, fun, and dynamic speakers
- Learn how your child can earn industry and OSHA credentials
- Career Tech Pathway Completers have a 95% Graduation Rate
The Elkins Pointe Architecture and Construction Connections class directly relates to this program at Roswell High School.
Swim with the Sharks - 10/11
Parent Volunteers, we are asking you to come to EPMS to be a "Shark!" "Sharks" needed for the “Shark Tank” event in Ms. Lindesay's 8th-grade classes on Wednesday, October 11th. If you or someone in our community that you know would be perfect to listen to her students pitch their entrepreneurship ideas, please e-mail Ms. Lynnette Lindesay at Lindesay@fultonschools.org. You would need to be available from 12:15-2:15 p.m. (or she could split the time during 5th and 6th periods). It would be great if you could dress professionally, too.
Jr. Beta Meeting - 10/11
The next Jr. Beta meeting will be Wednesday, October 11th from 8 - 8:30 am in the Media Center. Because of feedback from the interest meeting, Jr. Beta will be meeting on Wednesdays twice a month going forward.
Dates/info to Note:
- October 25th - Vote for office positions/ office members must write short explanation (4-8 paragraphs) as to why they’d be the best fit for the position they are applying for, etc. Must fill out an application for positions as well- Due October 11th during the meeting. Be ready to present your explanation/
- 6th graders can run for committee positions (Details discussed next meeting Oct 11th)
- October 25th – Jr. Beta meeting in media center (8:00- 8:30 am) Executive board positions will be announced after votes are tallied.
- Jr. Beta Meetings will be every 2nd / 4th Wednesday of each month at 8:00 am in the Media Center.
- Students who are interested in joining are associate members until first report card is sent home in December to ensure that all new inductees have at least a 3.0
- Induction ceremony next semester (Program to officially welcome new members into Jr. Beta)
Download the Jr. Beta Officer Application, here.
Interact Club Meeting -10/13 @ 7:45 am
The next Interact Club meeting is: October 13, 2017 in room D119, 8:00 a.m & 7:45 a.m for officers. Calling ALL Interact members! We have so much to cover in this meeting, including the COLOR BLAST RUN and LOTS of service opportunities.
HATS ON for 8th Grade on Friday! -10/13The winners of the FCA Hurricane Relief Drive were the 8th graders. The award for winning is "Wear Your Hat" on Friday 10/13. Mr. Billups says, he "will wear my Buffalo Bills hat, of course!"
Future Eagles, the MHS Homecoming Parade, and Football Game are on Friday, October 13th at Milton High School. Mr. Adam Hardigree has been invited as an honored guest because he also represents MHS as the Northwest Learning Community Teacher of the Year! The MHS Colorguard has invited all who are interested to "Spin with the Eagles." For more information on "Spin with the Eagles," scroll down to the article.
Come march with the Elkins Pointe Youth Day float on Saturday, Oct. 14th at 9:30 am.
- All EPMS parents, teachers. staff and students are invited to meet up with the EPMS Youth Day Float in front of the First Baptist Church on Mimosa Street in downtown Roswell.
- Bring a bag of candy to toss to the crowd. Please wear your favorite EPMS spirit-wear shirt or a shirt from one of your Roswell Rec sports.
- The theme is "JUST MOVE" and we invite you to walk with us!
- Activities will be held at the Smith Planation’s, 935 Alpharetta St., Fall Farm Day from 11:00 am- 3:00 pm. Activities will not take place at Roswell Area Park after the parade.
If you have questions, please contact Lisa O'Hanlon Cowles at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Roswell Community Church Food Trucks & Movie Night @ HSES - 10/14 @ 6pm
The Roswell Community Churh is doing this as an open event for the community and as a thank you to Hembree Springs for letting them meet in their building for the past number of years. They have extended an invitation to EPMS community to attend the Movie Night and Food Trucks that we are sponsoring at Hembree Springs Elementary School play field on Saturday, October 14th. The gates will open at 6 pm and we will begin to show the movie, “Sing!” at 7:15 pm or when dark enough!
COLOR BLAST RUN - 10/15 from 2-6 pm @ EPMS
- Register today at http://btvstopbullying.com/blast/
- Interactors should make purchases for the Color Run through Mrs. Streeter to secure their special discount.
Come out and enjoy a wonderful afternoon at the “Color Run”!!! A day filled with inflatables, food, fun, laughter, and Color!!! Get registered today by going to the link at http://btvstopbullying.com/blast/
If your child is seeking volunteer opportunities, here are some community events which have reachers out to us because they know the reputation of our responsible and respectful students. These events have been vetted by our Parent Liaison, Lisa O'Hanlon Cowles. Parents are responsible for arranging transportation to and fro the event. We ask that you sign up using the SIgnUpGenius Links Below.
- Saturday, Oct. 14th - Hembree Farms Neighborhood Fall Festival from 4:30 pm -7:30 pm (4) four volunteers wanted. SignUpGenius Link: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0b4eaaab2da7fe3-face
- Friday, October 27 - Hembree Springs Freak Friday Carnival from 4:15 pm - 5:00 pm & 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm (40) forty volunteers wanted. SignUpGenius Link: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0e45a4aa22a46-freaky
All Jr. Beta, Interact, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, etc volunteers welcome. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
We are excited to welcome back the Hampton Film Academy for the 3rd year. Applications are being accepted in the front office. Please see the flyer below for the details.
- Click here for the Hampton Academy Registration Form
- Registration Deadline is October 19th
- Hampton Film Academy Sessions begin October 17th
If your child missed Picture Day or the photos were not to your liking, this is a chance to get a photo for purchase and in the Yearbook. Picture retakes have been moved to October 18th because the date originally scheduled was during the 8th-grade trip to Savannah, GA.
We are expecting delivery of the proofs and packages next week because Cady Studios has indicated they will ship next week. Proofs will be delivered via WINN teacher. Please be sure to ask your student on Thursday of Friday if they have their photos. If you have any questions about retakes, please email Ms. Suckow at Suckow@fultonschools.org.
Bus Driver Appreciation is coming up soon. Please join us in thanking our amazing bus drivers with a show of appreciation. We will have a station for the students to write notes of appreciation, but we invite you to join us in:
- writing a note,
- giving a token of appreciation, or
- just simply saying, "Thank You!"
7th Grade Dance 2017 Volunteers are "Out of this World!" - 10/24
The Elkins PTSA would like to invite you to help us with making the 7th Grade Dance Party a huge success! The 7th Grade Dance Party is Tuesday, October 24th from 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm after school and it will be 'Out of this World'...
Kids will have a galactic time with DJ and great music, a photo booth, popcorn, and a hot cocoa bar (including whipped cream and marshmallows!) Also, the DJ will be giving out prizes including gift certificates to Brusters, Dairy Queen, and Bahama Bucks!...Flyers will be posted throughout the 7th-grade hallway, and Permission slips will be coming home on the October 13th!!!
We need help with the various activities to run, 'set-up' and 'tear-down' the event The more people volunteer, the easier it becomes!
Please read through the following slots for availability and don't hesitate sign up!
If you have any questions, please contact Marisa Harrer @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Calling ALL 7th Grade Elkins Pointe Parent Volunteers
VOLUNTEERS - SIGN-UP GENIUS
TICKET SALES – SIGN-UP GENIUS
Hooray, the Book Fair is coming to EPMS the week of November 6th thru 10th! The Book Fair takes place in our Media Center. If you would like to help out with the Book Fair, please click here. Any Questions? Contact our Media Specialist Jennifer Newman at email@example.com.
Things for Students
Academic Bowl - Mondays @ 4:05 pm & Wednesdays @ 8 am
Have you heard the BUZZ about Academic Bowl? Academic Bowl meets every Monday after school from 4:05 pm to 5:30 pm in the Media Center and every Wednesday in the cafeteria from 8 - 9 am. If you would like to know more about Academic Bowl, please email Ms. Castleberry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All students are invited to come to the Fellowship of Christian Athletes every Thursday at 7:45 am in the Media Center. Chicken Biscuits will be on sale $3 or 2 for $5. If you have questions, please see Mr. Billups.
Things for parents
- Box Tops for Education: Clip Box Top labels from participating products. Collect them in a baggie and turn into the front office collection box. Box Tops for our next submission are due by October 18. Each Box Top is worth .10 - schools can earn thousands of dollars through this program! See full list of products here: http://www.boxtops4education.com/participating-products.
- Amazon Smiles: Ordering from Amazon? Go to https://smile.amazon.com and choose to support Elkins Pointe MS PTSA. A portion of all your purchases will be sent to the school!
- Coca-Cola Give: New program! Sign up at https://us.coca-cola.com/give/schools and enter codes from Coca-Cola products to earn school donations.
- Kroger Community Rewards: Link your Kroger Plus card to Elkins Pointe at https://www.kroger.com/communityrewards. Kroger will donate a percent of purchases back to the school. (You must re-enroll your card each year after Aug 1.)
- Publix Partners: Pick up a key ring card in the office, have it scanned at the register each time you check out. Publix will donate a percent of purchases. Give cards to your family and friends too! (Most Publix stores have these at the registers too, if you don't carry one with you - just ask.)
- Office Depot/Office Max Give Back to Schools: Make a purchase of qualifying school supplies, provide our school ID at checkout, and Elkins will receive 5% back in credits for free supplies. Our school code is 70118601 - enter it for online purchases, or ask to look up Elkins Pointe at the register in stores too. You can also submit an order or receipt info after the fact at http://www.officedepot.com/backtoschool/display.do if you forget during purchase!
Feeder School Stuff
Spin with the Eagles - 10/12 & 10/13DO YOU WANT TO BE A PART OF THE MILTON HIGH SCHOOL MARCHING BAND HALFTIME??
Milton High School's Marching Band and its Colorguard are hosting an event this fall, a "mini-camp" designed to expose students in Kindergarten through 8th grade to Colorguard. Colorguard is an activity that involves spinning flags, rifles, sabers and combines marching precision with dance and movement elements. Colorguard is the "visual ensemble" that performs alongside and complements the marching band.
This event, called "Spin with the Eagles," provides elementary and middle school-aged students an opportunity to try out Colorguard and see if this is an activity they may want to pursue during their middle school and high school careers.
For a nominal fee of $30, participants will receive instruction from Milton High's award-winning Colorguard director during two October practices (October 12 & 13) after school, have dinner with the Milton High School Colorguard before the homecoming football game against South Forsyth High School on October 13th, march into the stadium with the Varsity Colorguard before the game, sit in the stands with the Varsity Colorguard at the game, receive a free t-shirt commemorating the event, and most importantly perform on the field with the Varsity Colorguard during halftime of this game.
To register for "Spin with the Eagles," see the attached link: http://miltonband.org/spinwitheagles For information "Spin with the Eagles" or on the upcoming cadet program, contact email@example.com
Boys Middle School Select Travel Lacrosse Try-outs - 11/5 & 11/7
The Roswell Youth Lacrosse program will be holding boys tryouts for Spring Jr. Select (6th and 7th grade) and Spring Sr. Select (8th grade) on November 5th and 7th. The tryouts will be held on the Roswell Area Park Fields MS #1 and #2. We will also hold a parent meeting on Sunday, October 15th from 6pm-7pm at the Community Activity Building in Roswell Area Park. We highly encourage all parents of boys who are interested in trying out to attend the meeting. There will be representatives from the Roswell Youth Lacrosse Association, the City of Roswell and the head coaches who will provide information on the tryouts and the season.
- Sunday, October 15 from 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- Roswell Area Park-Community Activity Building, 10495 Woodstock Rd, Roswell GA 30075
- All players must be registered with Roswell Recreation and Parks prior to tryouts.
- Activity Code Program # 33018-01 Spring Middle School Travel/Select Lacrosse http://www.roswellgov.com/
- Location: Roswell Area Park MS #1 and MS #2
- Participants do need to attend both tryout dates.
Sunday, November 5
- Boys Jr. Select (6th & 7th Graders) 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Boys Sr. Select (8th Graders) 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Tuesday, November 7
- All Boys Select 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Important – Parents will not be permitted on the field for tryouts. Please drop your son off and then pick him up at the conclusion of the tryout.
All players must have/wear appropriate lacrosse equipment (helmet, gloves, stick, shoulder pads, elbow pads, mouth guard, etc.) to tryout.
Direct any questions to Mike Crary at firstname.lastname@example.org
ROSWELL JR. HORNETS WRESTLING - 11/6
Interested in wrestling? Now taking Registration for the 2017/18 Roswell Jr Hornet Wrestling team!
- For Boys & Girls
- Ages 7-14 (as of 12/31/17)
Wrestling Improves conditioning, Increases agility, helps you become faster and stronger, and builds character.
Practices Start on November 6th. They are held at “The Underground” 925 Woodstock RD Suite 102B. Athletes playing other are welcome to start after their current sports end.
- Elementary School Mon and Thursday 6:00-7:30
- Middle School Mon, Wed & Thurs 7:00-8:30
Registration Cost is $200. For more Info: http://roswellwrestlingclub.com/registration/
Milton High School, along with their SGC and PTO is hosting a FREE viewing of the documentary "SCREENAGERS" on Monday, Nov. 6th @ 7 pm in the MHS Auditorium. This event is intended for parents, but parents are welcome to bring their child (5th graders and up). Please Note: This is not a drop off event for children; students without an adult escort will not be permitted to enter due to sensitive content.
The event is free, but seats are limited. Please arrive early to ensure you will have a seat because it is first to come, first to be seated. If you have any questions, please email the Milton High School SGC Community Outreach Chair, Lisa O'Hanlon Cowles at email@example.com.
Select your favorite design by name Select your t-shirt color Enter your name, payment etc. Your order will be delivered to school to your advisement teacher Please make sure you include your students’ name and 1st period teacher.
❤️ Volunteer ❤️
School Store Help Needed!
- Shifts are daily, 8 – 8:50 AM.
- PLEASE NOTE: YOU NEED TO COMPLETE A 10 MINUTE TRAINING PRIOR TO WORKING IN THE STORE! MARYANNE CODELLI IS AT THE SCHOOL EVERY MONDAY AT 8:10 AM, OR CAN BE REACHED AT MACODE@BELLSOUTH.NET FOR MORE INFORMATION.
Calling for Dad’s to join our Dad’s Club. We did receive some signups during "Get Connected Night." Any dad interested and wanting to get more information can contact Mr. Will Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org or 470-254-8366.
Attention Moms: You are welcome to "Volun-TOLD" your husband by signing them up!
SIgn-Up Here or below to join Dads Club!!
- Computer access is available in the Parent Liaison office to complete registration if needed.
- To register at home, use this link: http://www.fultonschools.org/…/Pages/partnersvolunteers.aspx
FOOTBALL @ Our High Schools
To buy MHS Football ticket, click below:
To buy RHS Football ticket, click below:
FYI: The football pricing for adult tickets and for tickets purchased at the gate, has gone up to $8.00 each. The student pre-sell ticket price remains at $5.00. Thank you for coming to our games and supporting RHS!!
Please Note: Upcoming dates are subject to change & some dates may not be included.
October is Parent/Teacher Conference Month
- 10/17 - Reflections Reception by Invitation (Media Center)
- 10/18 - Katha Stuart Mtg @ RHS 6:30 pm
- 10/18 - Box Tops Deadline
- 10/18 - Fall Picture Retakes
- 10/19 - FCA @ 7:45 am (Media Center)
- 10/19 - Fall Orchestra Concert @ 7 pm
- 10/20 - Wear Titan Spirit-Wear
- 10/22 to 10/28 - Bus Driver Appreciation Week
- 10/24 - 7th Grade Dance @ 4 pm – 5:30 pm
- 10/25 & 10/26 - Reading Field Test (6th GR)
- 10/25 - Spirit Night
- 10/26 - FCA @ 7:45 am (Media Center)
- 10/27 - Wear Titan Spirit-Wear
- 10/29 to11/3 - Red Ribbon Week
- 10/30 - PINK OUT & Pinkathon (Gym)
- 10/31 - Parent University Workshop - Parent Resource Open House (Media Center)
November is Family Engagement Month
- 11/2 - FCA @ 7:45 am (Media Center)
- 11/2 - MHS Band Cluster Concert (EPMS 8th Grade) @ 6:30 pm (MHS Theatre)
- 11/3 - Wear College Swag
- 11/3 - Titan Tailgate
- 11/5 - Daylight Savings...Fall Back
- 11/7 - ELECTION DAY School OPEN (Gym Closed)
- 11/9 - FCA @ 7:45 am (Rm. E-109)
- 11/9 - 6th & 7th GR Band Concert @ 6:30 pm (Gym)
- 11/10 - SGC Mtg @ 7:45 am
- 11/10 - Wear Titan Spirit-Wear
- 11/10 - Veteran's Day - EPMS Honors Our Vets!
- 11/10 - Legacy of Excellence Awards for TOTY/PEOTY
- 11/14 - Katha Stuart Mtg @ MPES @ 9:30 am
- 11/16 - FCA @ 7:45 am (Media Center)
- 11/16 - College & Career Day
- 11/17 - NO SCHOOL - EPMS Full Release Day
- 11/20 to 11/25 - THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY/FALL BREAK
- 11/24 - Wear Titan Spirit-Wear
- 11/10 - Veteran's Day - EPMS Honors Our Vets!
- 11/30 - Parent University Workshop
- 11/30 - FCA @ 7:45 am (Media Center)
- 11/ 30 - Band, Orchestra & Chorus Elementary School Tours
- 12/1 - Wear College Swag
- 12/8 - Wear Titan Spirit-Wear
- 12/11 - Band Holiday Concert @ 6:30 pm (Gym) - Please Note Date Change!
- 12/13 - Katha Stuart Mtg @ HSES @ 9:30 am
- 12/15 - Wear Titan Spirit-Wear
- 12/18 to 8/21 - Final Exams for 8th Graders
- 12/23 to 1/4 - WINTER BREAK - School Closed
Fulton County Schools (FCS) recommends staying tuned in to their website, FCS social media accounts, and local news media for updates.
- FCS Website: http://www.fultonschools.org/en
- FCS Facebook Page (@FultonCounty Schools) https://www.facebook.com/FultonCountySchools/?fref=ts
- FCS Twitter (@FultonCoSchools) http://www.twitter.com/FultonCoSchools
We ♥️ Our Business & Community Partners!
3600 Dallas Hwy #280, Marietta, GA 30064
Proud to sponsor Elkins Pointe Middle School Spirt Wear!
4350 North Point Pkwy, Alpharetta, GA 30022
Thank you for your generous donation for our students.
3600 Dallas Hwy #280, Marietta, GA 30064
Proud to sponsor Elkins Pointe Middle School Spirt Wear!
4350 North Point Pkwy, Alpharetta, GA 30022
Thank you for your generous donation for our students.