Have you ever thought about investing in gold? Well, there is no time like the present to do it. Gold is one of the most rare and precious metals on the planet and it could be yours today for the low price of $1324.35. This may seem like a large number now, but with the increase in value of gold over the years, it is a no brainier to invest.
- Gold is malleable and ductile.
- Gold is a heavy metal. (Density 19.3 g. cm-3)
- Boiling point is 2000 degrees Celsius.
- Atomic mass is 196.9655 g.mol-1.
- Melting point is 1062 degrees Celsius.
This picture shows what gold looks like on the periodic table, but it is also the color gold and a ring.
- Gold is chemically inactive.
- Alloys are silver and platinum.
- Gold does not react with non-metals, except for halogens, with which it forms halides.
This is a picture of 200g gold bars, which cost about $8,512.86 a piece.
- Jewelry- Gold can be used in almost every type of jewelry that you can imagine.
- Technology- Gold is used in computer chips, wires, and in buildings.
- Financing/Investing- Gold is a very rare precious metal, it is used as a financial staple in an unstable economy.
The most common gold compounds are auric chloride (AuCl3) and chloroauric acid (HAuCl4).
This is an image from inside Ft. Knox, which is a U.S. gold bullion deposit. There is approximately 261.6 billion dollars of gold inside Ft. Knox.
Gold has only one stable isotope, Au197. Gold is currently considered the heaviest mono isotopic-element. Atomic mass- 196.966569.