Week of April 16th, 2018
- Summatives - Summative Conferences begin this week. Please be prepared to share your ideas/evidence for Domain 4 (See the rubric below). This will be rated collaboratively. Also, as I mentioned Friday, we will review team SLOs during an upcoming Team Time.
- Security Audit - CISD contracts with Region X to conduct security audits at each campus every 3 years. The auditor will be at Wilson this coming Thursday morning. Please be aware in case she comes in your room. I will send a few reminders Wednesday afternoon to help the audit go smoothly.
- Computer Replacements - The Tech Dept will be replacing classroom desktops district-wide. They will be at Wilson next Monday (April 23rd). They will be going through the building and hit every classroom. I don't have an exact schedule for when they will be in your class, so I wanted to give you a early heads-up so that you can have an alternate (non-presentation station, non-projector) lesson ready. I'll also include a reminder next week!
- Clarity Survey - The deadline for completion is this coming Friday. The Early Bird Special (jeans day on Wednesday) is available for anyone that completes or assists with the survey by Tuesday! Use the link below to indicate when you (and your kids if applicable) have completed it!
- Editing Checklist Survey - If you have not completed it, please quickly do the Editing Checklist Survey below.
- FedEx - Please register for this week's FedEx at https://coppell.schoolobjects.com//wshop/default.aspx?cid=9487 You may add your quick FedEx reflection on the FedEx Padlet at https://padlet.com/chilton6/87yxgi0dalk3 If you'd like to offer a session, please send me a quick email!
- Twitter Chat - Our final "PLC in Your PJs" Chat is this coming Tuesday at 8:00. Join us!
Now. Is. Your. Time.
I am issuing an official Robotics Challenge. Beginning tomorrow, once we have 40 new robotics badges submitted, we will celebrate with jeans for the remainder of the year! 40 may sound like a lot, but it's not. That averages out to 1-2 badges per person.
Ready to get started... Email Amanda, talk with your team, collaborate with a robotics pro (i.e. Mary). There are lots of ways to earn a badge.
Let's do this!
FedEx on Wednesday
As a reminder, Mary will offer a session on our new Read Naturally fluency intervention. If you have learners in RtI that might benefit from this resource, please plan to attend!
Week At A Glance
- 5th Grade Collaborative Team Time
- Silvestri Shower - Congrats!
- 4th Grade Collaborative Team Time
- 3rd Grade Design Day
- Clarity Survey "Early Bird" Deadline
- Author's Nook - 9:30
- 2nd Grade Field Trip
- Kinder Performance - 2:15 & 6:30
- 2nd Grade Collaborative Team Time
- 5th Grade Design Day
- Summative Conferences Begin
- FedEx - 3:30
- CISD School Board Forum - 6:30 @ CHS
- 1st Grade Collaborative Team Time
- 4th Grade Design Day
- Security Audit
- Author's Nook - 1:30
- International Night (Book Fair Open) - I hope to see you there! Feel free to wear jeans and a Wilson shirt if you're attending.
- Kinder Collaborative Team Time
- Rise & Shine
- Clarity Survey Deadline
- GE Principal Visitors
- 4th/5th Grade Author Visit - 9:15
- Fire Drill
Saturday - Maker STEAM Fair - 10:00-2:00 - All are welcome (but there is no expectation for you to attend).