The Gayman Gazette
What's Happening in and Around Gayman Elementary School?
May 31, 2013
Upcoming Important Dates
- Saturday, June 1st – Gayman 5K Fitness Run/1-Mile Fun Run
- Thursday, June 6th – 6th Grade Club Event
- Friday, June 7th – Field Day
- Thursday, June 13th - End of Year Home & School Picnic
- Tuesday, June 18th – 6th Grade Promotion at Tohickon
- Wednesday, June 19th – Early Dismissal at 11:55 AM; No AM Kindergarten; PM Kindergarten Reports – Last Day of School
Congratulations to Darayus Gorimaar!!
Congratulations to Darayus Gorimaar, a sixth grader in Mrs. Hughes’ class, for winning 4th place in a nationwide Philosophy Slam Competition. The Mission of the Kid’s Philosophy Slam is to give kids a voice and to inspire kids to think by unlocking their intellectual and creative potential through essays and poetry. Students across the nation and internationally answered the question, “Which is more powerful, love or hate?” Darayus wrote a wonderful poem and was chosen out of thousands of entries. We are so proud of Darayus and the other sixth graders who participated in this contest!!
Year-End Library & Cafeteria Accounts
As we approach the end of the school year we are requesting all outstanding library books be returned as soon as possible, along with eliminating negative lunch account balances by June 5th.
Students with outstanding library book(s) or negative lunch account balances will not be permitted to participate in Field Day on Friday, June 7th.
Remember To Check Attendance
Friday, May 31st, Morning Newscast
At the May 28, 2013 School Board Meeting, the Central Bucks School District School Board:
1. Heard the Tamanend Gold ‘n’ Blues Choir performance before the school board meeting and via video, the Pledge of Allegiance was led by Mrs. VanVreede’s 6th grade Titus class.
2. Heard the Superintendent’s Report, Finance, Operations, and MBIT Committee Reports.
3. Approved the School Board Minutes.
4. Approved the Treasurer’s Report.
5. Approved the Resolution to adopt the Final Budget for 2013-2014 in the amount of $290,683,982. Approved the Resolution setting the homestead and farmstead real estate tax reduction in the amount of $189.70 and approved the tax levy Resolution keeping the real estate tax millage rate at 122.8 mills, keeping the real estate transfer tax rate at 1%, keeping the earned income tax rate at 1%, and maintaining the electric utility real estate tax.
6. Approved the Physical Education Uniform Purchase.
7. Approved Construction Contracts for Holicong Middle School to Centre Point Construction for general construction in the amount of $533,000; to Guy Cooper, Inc. for plumbing construction in the amount of $516,500; to Goshen Mechanical for mechanical construction in the amount of $799,900; to MJF Electrical for electrical construction in the amount of $225,380; and to Asbestos & Lead Abatements Service for asbestos abatement in the amount of $167,020.
And the approval of a Deed of Dedication to New Britain Borough for the Pine Run paving project and the approval of a Land Development Agreement with New Britain Borough for the Pine Run paving project.
8. Approved the award of a contract to Gilmore and Associates for engineering design services for the CB East Stadium in the amount of $90,000 and the award of a contract to Hayes Large Architects for architectural design services for the CB East Stadium in the amount of $168,000.
9. Tabled the first reading of the Facility Use Fee Schedule so that the schedule can be posted on-line for public review. Administration will meet with DAA, CBAA, WAA, and Lenape Valley groups to hear their input.
10. Approved the MBIT Bond Resolution to issue new bonds – Series of 2013. The issuance of new bonds – Series of 2013, will be bank qualified, having a five year call with slightly lower interest rates.
11. Approved School Board Policy #217.3 – Awarding of Credit - Other Educational Experience, School Board Policy #302 – Employment of Superintendent/Assistant Superintendent, and School Board Policy #312 – Performance Assessment of Superintendent/Assistant Superintendent.
12. Approved the School Board Treasurer, Suzanne Vincent for 2013-2014, and the School Board Secretary, Sharon Reiner for 2013-2017.
13. Approved various personnel items, the senior classes for Graduation (1625 graduates) on June 19, 2013, a tuition student, and student trips.