Third and Fourth Grade Class
Staff Appreciation Week
This week was such a wonderful reminder of just how much Allah has blessed me, and I appreciate all that the parents do and continue to do to make their students successful at Tarbiyah Academy. The gifts, cards, flowers, and food was given in such an abundance that it was impossible not to be moved to tears MashaaAllah! I ask Allah to grant us all Jannah and bring us together in the hereafter as he has united us in this life. May our hearts continue to grow in love and appreciation for one another as an Ummah and allow us to stand united here and in Paradise InshaAllah
FINAL WEEK OF UOI-Where We Are in Place and Time
The Past influences the present in a variety of ways
Lines Of Inquiry:
Past Stories influence our culture
Our needs shape and change our environment
Our environment has distinguishable features
A Quick Look at what we are learning about Graphing
- Students have finished working on all of the standards related to graphing, we will be reviewing this coming week and preparing for our test.
- Next we will begin number operations and practice with place value operations to add, subtract, multiply and divde using place value, rounding, and regrouping.
English Language Arts
- Students are working on Unit 13 vocabulary and will be tested this THURSDAY- This is due to MAP testing, since we strive to not have too much assessment in one day this is an effort to give the students time to rest up for the MAP on Friday.
- We are starting our new UOI this week we will be exploring Sharing the Planet! Look for more to come!
- We have completed our publishing books and are looking forward to planning an authors party- the kids have decided that the authors party will be an ice cream sundae party. If there are any parents who are able to head this up I would love the help! We are planning this for the date that the books come back which should be around the last weeks of school. If it falls during Ramadan we will have to plan accordingly.
Science Bits from this week
- Students continued our Unit on Investigating Water
- We used water experiments and properties of water to analyze a graph of data that compares a natural sponge to a synthetic sponge.
- Students explored evidence backed statements versus opinions and discussed the importance of this especially as Muslims. Students made connections that some evidence is strong and other evidence is weak and the stronger evidence you have the stronger your statement/stance becomes.
- This week we finalized our history research projects and students are ready to become teachers and share what they learned. We will continue our presentations this week until we are finished with all groups.
Pictures from this week!
I have not assigned from these websites but I am regularly checking in to see what your students are working on and that they are practicing math skills at home. Please encourage your student to take advantage of these sites!