End the War Against Tobacco
Putting an end to the use of cigarette & tobacco products
The Big Issue
Just the Facts
- Thousands pick up their first cigarette everyday
- More than 16 million people have at least one disease caused by smoking
- Nearly 9 of 10 lung cancers are due to smoking
- Tobacco use increases the risk of infertility, diabetes, throat cancer, and more
- Secondhand smoke affects the health of other adults, children, and babies
- Smokeless tobacco includes carcinogens and causes cancers of the throat & mouth along with leukoplakia
Unpaid Tobacco Spokesperson
Cigarettes are Killing the Earth
- Cigarette butts add onto litter contributing to global warming
- Animals that come in contact with cigarette butts can become ill or even die
- Smoke from the cigarettes are contributing to pollution
- Overall, the appearance of used cigarette butts all over the Earth is unattractive!
MAKE THE RIGHT DECISION AND QUIT BEFORE YOU BEGIN!
Work Cited & Info
Shah, Anup. "Tobacco." Global Issues. N.p., 5 Jan. 2014. Web. 18 Sept. 2014. <http://www.globalissues.org/article/533/tobacco>.
"Tobacco Facts and Figures." BeTobaccoFree.Gov. U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, n.d. Web. 18 Sept. 2014. <http://betobaccofree.hhs.gov/about-tobacco/facts-figures/>.
Truth. N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Sept. 2014. <http://www.thetruth.com/>.
"Why Is Smoking Bad?" MNT. MediLexicon International, n.d. Web. 18 Sept. 2014. <http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/10566.php>.
Sarina Lawless, 9/19/14, Period 1