All Saints Staff Weekly
October 27, 2015
- Enrollment-We're at 168
- Parent Conferences-feedback
- October 23rd Inservice-feedback. Continue PD on Catholic Social teachings?
- November Community Service Project-Thursday, Nov 5th Agape Meal, 5:30-7:00?
- Monthly Pot Luck- first pot luck is this Friday!
- Friday Paper Recycling-There is still lots of paper that is being run off from the copier and then going unclaimed. To do our part to be good stewards, we are going to begin recycling all papers that are left in the paper trays every Friday after school. If you could use any of the recycled paper in your classrooms, please let me know. Otherwise, we have 2 classrooms that have already claimed the leftover paper.
- Secret Pal-Is underway!
- Dia de los Muertos- thank you for supporting! Altars look great! Please bring your class by sometime during Dia de Los Muertos (Mon) to see all the altars. Then at the end of the day, before dismissal have your students come and get their altars to take home. We will also celebrate the Italian tradition on this day of having the kids put out their shoes at 2:00pm for little treats to be deposited. For more info about this tradition, http://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/common/all-souls-day
- Good Behavior Party- is set for Thursday. Please note a time change of having your students down at 1:15 and determine who from your team will be coming to supervise at the movie. Movie will be the "Book of Life" since not all saw it at the move night and it goes well with the season.
- All Saints/Souls Mass- will be on Monday. Students and staff may come dressed up as their favorite saints again. Consumes do not need to be expensive or elaborate, so please encourage your students to think outside of the box and be creative. All those that come dressed up will process in with father at the beginning of mass and then go to their seats. Let them know they must be to school on time to process in and get your children over to church as quickly as you can after the morning bell rings. If students do not come dressed up, they will need to be in their mass uniform. There will be no Friday mass next week. Father will be in Mexico. Please continue to pray for him as we may know when he returns if we'll be getting a sister.
- Staff Happenings Calendar- please be looking ahead at the calendar and mindful of what's ahead, along with giving notice to your families about what's ahead. Staff happenings calendar has all planned events and notes about them for you. There are no changes or updates to the Nov or Dec calendar (exception in Christmas program TTD)
- Veteran's Day Prayer Service- need a volunteer to coordinate. Prayer service is in the mass resources
- Turkey Bingo sign ups- was emailed out today. Reminder this is a mandatory requirement for all full-time and part-time faculty.
- HSO mtg- 11/17. Please incentivize your students to get their parents there.
- Stone Soup- Will be sending out parent info next week. Here's a link to the play, http://www.redmons.com/stones/drama.pdf. Essentially, each student will be responsible for bringing 1 item to school to make soup for the school on that day. Leftovers will then be used for Thanksgiving lunch. See links below for Stone Soup activities you can do within your class to prepare them for this day.
- Parade of Lights- HSO will be sending out info this week. Will take place on Sunday before Thanksgiving this year.
- Thanksgiving Lunch- different lunch times will happen on this day. No Specials. Students may leave with their families after lunch.
- Advent Door Decorating Contest-free Day off! Start thinking of ideas.
- Jesse Trees- we will be doing this again this year. Feel free to recycle yours from last year. For ideas/explanations, see the links below.
- Christmas Program-will be setting up a mtg for this to decide theme, plan, and teacher requirements on Friday, Nov. 6th after school. If you want input then please come to the meeting in the library.
MEETING THIS WEEK WILL BE IN 2ND GRADE, PLEASE BRING YOUR STAFF HANDBOOKS
MEEETING NEXT WEEK WILL MEET IN TEAMS AS I HAVE A SCHEDULE CONFLICT
Back to observations in classrooms-Please let me know if there is anything in particular that you have been working on that you would like me to observe. Otherwise, I'll be checking in on the minimum expectations standards.
11/3-out at 2:30 for travel to Title Non-Profit Consultation
11/5- out all day for Prinicipal's meeting at St. Joseph's