Bard Bulldog Newsletter
August /September 2022
- Para traducir a su idioma preferido, oprima el botón que dice "translate newsletter" en la cajita negra a la derecha.
- To translate to your preferred language click on the black box at the right which says "translate newsletter."
Principal's Message, Mirta Alcantar
Welcome Back Bard Elementary Community!
I am thrilled to be returning as your principal and look forward to continuing to serve the families and children of our Bard School community alongside Bard’s fantastic staff. Together, we will be working to fulfill Hueneme Elementary School District’s vision of inspiring and empowering every student to thrive every day. Although we are still in a pandemic with safety precautions, we feel confident that our students and staff will proceed to learning and teaching safely.
Visit our school website, https://bard.hueneme.org/ , to see news and upcoming events and to find relevant school information. You may also download the Hueneme School District app, available for download for Apple and Android devices! When you download this app and select your school(s), you will be able to receive real-time announcements and reminders about your child’s school.
I want to welcome everyone back and extend a special welcome to our new students and their families. The entire Bard staff is looking forward to a new year of learning!
I would also like to welcome new staff to the Bard family: Crystal Castaneda (transition kindergarten teacher), Susan Blough (Kindergarten Teacher), Laura Cervantes (3rd-grade dual language teacher), and Judith Galvan (4th-grade dual language teacher).
To keep our campus as safe and secure as possible for your children, we will only allow parents to enter campus in the morning for the first two days of school, from August 25 to August 26. Beginning August 29, all parents must drop their children off at the front, back, or side gates. Any parent wishing to enter campus at any time of day will be required to sign in and have a previously arranged appointment with the teacher. Campus supervisors are assigned to all areas where children will wait to go to class in the morning and the afternoon when they are dismissed. Please call the principal, Ms. Alcantar, if you have any questions.
Teachers and Classroom Information
First Day of School
Thursday, Aug. 25th, 8am
622 East Pleasant Valley Road
Port Hueneme, CA
Drop off and Pick up
Parents can enter school and stand in the lineup with their students ONLY on the first two days of school (Aug. 25, 26). Only school staff on Monday, Aug. 29th, will be allowed on campus. All visitors may make an appointment during office hours. Office hours are 7:30 am-4:00 pm.
Parking is limited, and it's best to park on side streets and walk to school from there. Your support in keeping all students and staff safe is greatly appreciated.
LET US MAKE THIS A GREAT SAFE SCHOOL YEAR!
The gate by Jerry Drive and Lillian Drive (Marked by Red Arrows in Photo Below) is open for students ONLY.
There are three options to drop off and pick up your student at school.
- OPTION 1: There will be a drive and drop-off point at the Side Gate Entrance. You can drop off your student from your vehicle at the Side Gate Entrance. A sign will be located at the point where you can drop off your child. Staff will be available to guide you to the right place. You may also park and walk your child to the gate. Please drive slowly and carefully.
- OPTION 2: You may walk your student to the Front Gate Entrance. Vehicles WILL NOT be allowed to park as it is a bus zone only. The Front Gate Entrance is ONLY for students who are WALKING, the SDC Bus, and the military van.
- Option 3: Drop your student off at the back of the school at Jerry Drive (Marked by Red Arrows in Photo Below); there will be a supervisor at the gate welcoming students.
Kindergarten parents enter at the kindergarten classrooms gate; it is optional to supervise your student in line until the teacher picks up the students. There is supervision, and you are not required to stay with your child.
TK: Dismissal Time 12:06 pm, TK and Kinder students enter and exit at the front Kinder gates.
K: Dismissal Time 12:15 pm, When the extended day commences (Oct. 3), dismissal will be at 1:30 pm.
1-5th Grade: Dismissal Time: 2:33 pm
1-3 Grade: 12:07pm
4-5th Grade: 12:12 pm
BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT
Thursday, Sep. 29th, 5:30-7pm
622 East Pleasant Valley Road
Port Hueneme, CA
Sep 5: Labor Day -No School
Sep 29: Back To School Night @ 5:30 pm
Please Report Your Absence
Jose Serrano (email@example.com). 805-488-3583 ext. 1095