What the Heck are . . . .Infographics?
- check lists
Infographics allow us to tell a more complete story of the data and are more engaging than most way of communicating data and information.
What are the major parts of an Infographic?
This includes the text, statistics, time frames and references.
This refers to the colors, graphics and icons used in designing the infographic.
This refers to the facts and conclusions to convey the overall message or story.
Steps Involved in creating an Infographic
- Think of an idea -- make a list of possible ideas for your infographic.
- Create a skeleton & flowchart (hand-sketch) --this will be your initial draft.
- Color scheme it --use eye-friendly colors. Pick colors and fonts based on the message.
- Choose Eye-Catching Graphics -- people are attracted to visuals more than text. Learn about Creative Commons and gather image assets.
- Research -- use a variety of authoritative sources.
- Provide facts and conclusions -- illustrate statistics. Make is simple.
- Edit, edit, edit --filter through everything and try to create a narrative.
- Become familiar with the ways to visualize data
- Create the good question and go through the research process
- Hand-sketch a draft of your final infographic
- Learn about Creative Commons and gather image assets
- Pick colors and fonts based on message
- Arrange infographics in the inverted pyramid style
- Include citations on all infographics
LET'S GET STARTED!
Let's take a look at some samples, so you can get an idea of how you want your design to look.