Colombia Bogota

By: Mary and Mirelly

Government

Columbia has a republic government. Their president is Juan Manuel Santos, he was elected in 2010. It will be like the United States, so then you don't have to worry too much about something happening to you.

Colombia 's tourism

Though Colombia has only relatively recently begun to welcome international tourists, internally locals have been paving a well-worn route that has forged an imperfect but nonetheless impressive infrastructure for tourism. Some places you can go and see are... San Andres & Proviencia

If it’s postcard-perfect beaches you’re after, look no further. San Andres is a more popular island, but the secluded beaches at Providencia are some of Colombia’s finest. Another one is... Tayrona National Park, If idyllic beaches and hours spent relaxing with coconuts to eat sounds like your idea of heaven, Tayrona is the place for you. The last one is... La Guajira, turquoise waters and fiery sands abound in this surreal area of Colombia – the most northern region of South America.


Read more; http://www.trip.me/blog/things-to-do-in-colombia/#/

Colombia's culture

The Columbian's are 90% Roman Catholic. The rest of the 10% are all different religion. There is all different types of races; mestizo = 58%, White = 20%, mulatto = 14%, black = 4%, mixed black-Amerindian = 3%, Amerindian = 1%. Agriculture is coffee, cut flowers, bananas, rice, tobacco, corn, sugarcane, cocoa beans, oilseed, vegetables; forest products; shrimp.

Colombia: Maps, History, Geography, Government, Culture, Facts, Guide & Travel/Holidays/Cities http://www.infoplease.com/country/colombia.html?pageno=9#ixzz3Xt80MQi2

History

In that year, the conquest of the

Incas in Peru gave the

Spaniards strategic positions

in the north and south for the

subjugation and colonization

of Colombia.During this period,

the Andes were occupied by

a number of indigenous groups

that ranged from stratified

agricultural chiefdoms to tropical

farm villages and nomadic

hunter-gatherer groups.

The social structures of these groups

were destroyed during the conquest,

as Indians were forced into slavery

to exploit the natural riches of the

country. As the number of casualties

in the Indian population increased due to

starvation and disease brought by the

conquistadors and to the intense labor of

slavery, Spain imported slaves from Africa

for gold and silver mining on the Pacific

coast. Spaniards were referred to

as Peninsulars, while their

South-American-born descendants

were called criollos (Creoles).

Miscegenation produced people of

mixed race known to the Spaniards

as the castas (castes).

Places To visit in Colombia

.San Andres and Provincia,El Cocuy and Tayrona National park are some of the places you can visit in Colombia.

San Andres and Provincia are two islands off the coast of Colombia. Blessed with beautiful, year-round weather and some of the most sparkling waters you’re likely to see, both are incredible options for anyone looking for a bit of relaxation in the Caribbean.While San Andres may be a little more built up, it still retains its small island charms and laid back atmosphere. Providencia, however, takes this to whole new levels. Littered with secluded beaches and only sparsely populated, it’s your own personal island adventure.
El Cocuy Snow-capped mountains? In Colombia? You betcha. This challenging but rewarding hike up El Cocuy is one of Colombia’s most surprising highlights. While Colombia is making a name for itself as a country that defies expectations, surely even the most liberal and open-minded of travelers wouldn’t expect to need to pack clothes for the snow when they visit the

country.

Few beaches take the breath away quite like the ones you find at Tayrona National Park. With its rugged coastlines, wild jungles and epic mountain-scapes you’ll swear you’ve just wandered onto the set of Lost.

Big image

San Andres and Providencia

San Andres and Providencia

If it’s postcard-perfect beaches you’re after, look no further. San Andres is a more popular island, but the secluded beaches at Providencia are some of Colombia’s finest

Big image

El Cocuy

Snow-capped mountains? In Colombia? You betcha. This challenging but rewarding hike up El Cocuy is one of Colombia’s most surprising highlights.

Big image

Tayrona National Park

If idyllic beaches and hours spent relaxing with coconuts to eat sounds like your idea of heaven, Tayrona is the place for you.