Children and Families in Society
Final Presentation by Haley Dennison
Family I Chose:
Needs of the family:
They need to be able to feed their children, need to know their children are safe where they are, they need to know that their child is cared for, they need to feel understood, need to know that their child is succeeding.
How to Help:
- Ask around if their are any other families that may be able to carpool.
- Look at the school bus routes and find a faster way to get to the school.
- Tell them it is okay for them to drop of their child earlier than normal and you will make sure the child is safe.
- Look for available jobs closer to the school if they are also looking for a job.
- Send links to sites that help with communication is communication is difficult for them.
- Find a local family that speaks their language and ask if they could be a support system for the new family.
- Have a teachers aid help with the child learning, possibly work with them one-on-one sometime during the day.
Goals of specific family members:
Child: Make friends, make connections, learn the language.