Wesley Chapel High School 12/16/20
Message from Mr. McDermott
Emergency Card Information and Directions (Please read)
Parents, we currently have over 600 emergency cards that have not been updated. If you have not updated your student's emergency card, please download the step-by-step instructions below for completing the emergency card. If you have questions or need assistance, please email myStudenthelp@pasco.k12.fl.us.
Ending the Silence virtual parent night
Change of placement requests
New Athletic Guidelines
After consultation with local health officials and in an effort to find a compromise to allow spectators at sporting events and audiences at fine arts performances, the following revised guidelines regarding spectators at extracurricular and co-curricular activities will be in place effective Tuesday, December 1, 2020:
- No more than two (2) individuals per any student participating in the co-curricular or extracurricular activity will be allowed to watch the event in person.
- Strict social distancing will be observed and enforced.
- Strict guidelines will be enforced requiring masks to be worn at all times during indoor events. At outdoor events, masks must be worn when entering the event, and the masks may be removed when seated.
Individuals not complying with these guidelines will be required to leave the event.
We appreciate your patience and cooperation as we continue our efforts to keep our students, staff, and community safe.
Prevention Methods for COVID-19
Please support our efforts to keep our students and staff healthy. Screen your student daily using the Student Screener and contact a medical provider for further guidance if your student develops symptoms or you need medical guidance. COVID-19 testing is available in the community. Contact the school nurse (RN) or administrator immediately if your student receives a positive COVID-19 test result.
Prevention measures for COVID-19:
o The best way to prevent illness is by limiting exposure to the virus.
o Maintain proper social distancing (about 6 feet).
o Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
o If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
o Routinely clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
o Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face covering when around others.
Teen Coping Skills
Suicide Prevention Resources
Parents, please take some time to look at these valuable resources to help keep our Wildcats safe. Please reach out if you need assistance.
Herff Jones 2021 Graduation ordering guide
Vote for December Staff Member of the Month
Vote below for the November STAFF Member of the Month! Don’t forget to tell us why they deserve a special treat! The staff member that wins will get a gift certificate to Glory Days and have their picture presented on the digital board in the restaurant.
Please vote for your favorite Teacher/Staff member now.
WCHS ABC Program
If your family needs supports or any needs from the WCHS ABC program, please fill out the following form. If you would like more information about the ABC program, the flyer is attached and/or call Iris Garcia in the front office, 813-794-8702.
How to create a parent portal account in myStudent
College Application Process
Let's "meet" to discuss your plans! All grade levels!
Do you need help figuring out your next step? Do you have questions about the college application process? Are you wondering where you stand for your GPA and test scores for admission? Would you like to discuss trades, careers, or military service? Are you interested in seeing what you can do now to help yourself later? Email Mrs. Faysash at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can design a personalized plan for you!
When to Wear a Cloth Face Covering (Mask)
· The school district requires that all students, visitors, and employees wear a mask or other face covering while on school property and/or engaged in school activities, including outdoors when unable to maintain a distance.
· If you are a car rider, you should apply your face covering when you arrive at school before exiting your car in the parking lot.
· If you are a bus rider you should apply your face covering when you arrive at the bus stop. Face masks will be required on school buses.
When can I remove my Cloth Face Covering (Mask)
· You can remove your face covering when you are outdoors and able to maintain at least a safe distance from others, and at end of the day after you have exited the building.
· You can remove your face covering during meal and snack times. To the extent possible, maintain a 6 ft distance from others when you have your mask off.
· If occupying an office space by yourself, you can also safely remove your mask but should be ready to reapply as soon as others approach you.
Please remind your students to wear a face mask and keep their mouth and nose covered. This is for the protection of your student, other students, and staff members. Our number one goal is to keep everyone safe and healthy.
Wildcat masks can be ordered through your fees in your myStudent account. Keep an eye out for our school spirit store opening soon!
WCHS Program Donations
Our Auto Program, band, wrestling, and baseball teams are currently seeking donations for their programs. Due to COVID, we are not currently allowed to host some of the fundraisers that have raised money in the past. Please consider donating to these groups. We appreciate any support that you are able to provide.