Golden Nugget 3
Pegadogy, Research and Classrooms
TLEG-Fest Wednesday 23rd October 2013
3.30pm: Fest begins in Post-16. Refreshments and introductions
3.40pm: Groups 1-8 share their Enquiry Questions and next steps (max 3 mins each)
4.05pm: Open Forum: groups discuss, share, q&a, explore (Twitter, resources, books etc)
4.25pm: Hand back evaluations; depart
TLEGS - the story so far...
- How can we develop and implement smart differentiation strategies that stretch all?
- Who do we differentiate for?
- How do we assess in PBL?
- How can we differentiate for a range of students from high achievers to unmotivated?
- How do we plan an outstanding lesson?
The TLEG-fest will give groups the opportunity to share the thinking behind their enquiry questions and the process so far that has led them to their current position.
It's (not) got to be... perfect
END ON A HIGH NOTE...
- find out how to create a Twitter account and start your own PLN
- look at a range of resources including books by Jim Smith ('Lazy Teacher'), Guy Claxton, authors from the 'Perfect' series, and Carole Dweck (resources that will be available from the ICPS in the New Year)
- talk to staff about their department or individual blogs and get advice on setting yours up