Done by: Asyraf and Marilyn
What is Depression?
Effects of Teenage Depression
Low self esteem : Depression can trigger an intensified feeling of ugliness, shame, failure, and unworthiness.
Violence : Some depressed teens, usually boys who are the victims of bullying, become violent. As in the case of the Columbine and Newton school massacres, self-hatred and a wish to die can erupt into violence and homicidal rage.
How to Tell if a Teenager is Depressed?
- Sadness or hopelessness
- Anger or hostility
- Frequent crying
- Withdrawal from friends and family
- Loss of interest in activities
- Changes in eating and sleeping habits
- Restlessness and agitation
- Feelings of worthlessness and guilt
- Lack of enthusiasm and motivation
- Fatigue or lack of energy
- Difficulty concentrating
- Suicidal thoughts