By: Courtney Tianna Forney
When a child is unable to breath, also known as suffocation, it can be scary. Infants are most at risk for suffocation while sleeping. Toddlers are more likely to suffocate from choking on food and other objects, like small toys.
You can prevent your child from the dangers of suffocation by.......
- Keep all plastic bags, including garbage bags and sandwich-style plastic bags out of the reach of young kids.
- Never put an infant in a crib or on a bed with soft bedding, blankets, pillows, stuffed animals, or plush toys.
- Stay safe during meal and play time.
- Learn basic first aid and CPR
- Make a first-aid kit and keep emergency instructions inside.