What's New in Ms. Jackson's Class?
The New Year Edition (Jan. 2016)
Welcome to the NEW YEAR!
Report Cards are Coming!
Student Stars for the month of January
She is very bright and always contributes in class! Her kindness is contagious and spirit is radiant! I am so proud of the work that you have accomplished! Congrats!
He is often quiet but his intelligence speaks for itself. He works well with others and encourages those around him to do well. He is a great citizen. Keep it up! Congrats!
She is a hard worker who never gives up! She has been a leader in class by being a role-model and taking a stand against negativity! Teaching you has been fun! Congrats!
This girl has become the voice of reason in our class! Not only is she intelligent and creative, but she takes a stand for what she believes in! Never lose your passion and fire! Congrats!
This young woman is very smart. She carries herself with pride and continues to impress me each day! She is also funny and dependable. She is very fun to work with! Congrats!
GREAT JOB to all the students! I am excited to choose a new bunch of kiddos next month!
Chromebook Deployment Details
Please remember that there is a $25 fee for each Chormebook that must be payed that day (it is one of the stations).
Students with last names A-J should come on Tuesday.
Students with last names K-Z should come on Wednesday.
No School: January 18th (MLK day)
8th Grade Home Basketball Games: January 12th and 26th
Jr. Beta Convention: February 18th and 19th
Success Tip of January: Utilize Schoology!
- handouts: lose your paper? Print a copy at home!
- quizzes and quiz retakes: not happy with your score? retake it at home!
- videos: Miss that clip in class? Watch it at home!
- review activities: Still confused on a topic? Get some extra help!
- make up work: Get a zero on that assignment? Do it & turn it in NOW! Don't wait for your parent/teacher to give you the work.
- bellringers and reflections: forget a notebook, turn it in now & Ms. Jackson will see it in real time!
- writting assignments: Many assignments will be collected online now. Type it don't write it!
- Absences: Miss school today? Do your work at home and never miss a beat!
How to access Schoology
2. When prompted, log-in using the following information:
Username: student email which is firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Once you are in schoology, click courses.
4. In the box that drops down, search for my class and click it!
Black Achievers: Field Trip Alert
Thursday, Jan. 14th, 8:45am
700 Capitol Avenue
The field trip is free; however, all students will require to bring lunch money with them as we will stop at a restaurant for lunch.
What are we learning in Ms. jackson's Class?
Anticipate Parent Portal being full of quiz grades and daily log-entry grades. The biggest grade of the unit will be the DBQ (or document based question). It will be 100 points and essentially is an essay piece that uses primary sources to argue an idea.