Counseling Department Newsletter
In This Issue...
- Upcoming Events
- Reconsideration Forms
- Transition Fair
- College Fair
- College Visits
- Financial Aid Presentation and Scholarship Opportunities
- MEFA Seminar
- Driver's Permit Information
- Mental Health
Tuesday, April 25th during Activity Period (9:05am-9:45am): There will be a College Planning presentation. We will be discussing how you can prepare for spring/summer college tasks. F116 (Knorring), Media Center (Dubzinski & Connors), H103/H105 (Baker & Hanna), K111 (Reilly), K105 (Freeman), and B204 (Lee).
WRHS Transition Fair
Three fairs that will be held in Massachusetts
- Tuesday, May 16th from 5pm-7pm: Assumption University in Worcester, MA
- Tuesday, May 23rd: from 9am-11am & 12pm-2pm: Bridgewater State University in Bridgewater, MA
- Monday, June 5th: from 9am-11am: Berkshire Community College in Pittsfield, MA
If you are interested in registering or learning more information, click the link here
Financial Aid Presentation and Scholarship Opportunities
Have you received financial aid award letters? College Ave has an article to help you understand your award letter. If you're still working on financial aid and scholarships, check out this TikTok video about common financial aid mistakes!
If you are still looking to apply for scholarships, be sure to visit our website to browse the many options!
Driver's Permit Information
National Counseling Awareness Month
Benefits of counseling:
- Improves communication and interpersonal skills
- Increases confidence
- Improves mental health
- Improves expression and management of emotions
- Improves problem-solving and conflict-resolution abilities.
- Taking a short or long walk outside. Try to find a walking trail to spend time outside with your family or friends
- Ride your bike around your neighborhood
- Volunteer: this could look like helping with a local spring clean up
- Perform a random act of kindness
- Practice mindfulness in nature: There are many ways to practice mindfulness outside. Mindfulness Exercises has some tips and examples to help!