School News for GMS Families
Gettys Middle School - Easley, SC
The Third Quarter Interim Report Period Has Come in 2023
Families should have received their 3rd Quarter Interim Reports or via Schoology and our staff is offering multiple support options for students to make sure they are doing their very best academically and have opportunities for extra help and support:
- Our new Saturday School Academic Recovery Program provides small group and individual support for students that can benefit from some additional assistance from a certified teacher on Saturdays from 8:00-11:00 am. Several students have commented that it helps to have individual help at the end of the week for any unlearned material.
- Our daily after school program, Gettys U, continues to be offered daily from 3:05 to 5:00 pm for students that can attend daily. GettysU also has bus transportation.
- Academic teachers are meeting with students every Wednesday during the student's exploratory classes as part of our Skills Recovery Program for additional support if needed. Encourage your child to do their very best in our Second Semester and let us know if they need extra support!
Mr. Gray Recognized as our December Teacher of the Month
Our Teacher of the Month was Mr. Gray, 7th grade Social Studies. Multiple 7th grade students chose Mr. Gray because of his work ethic, but also appreciate his commitment to building relationships with his students. Ms. Rodriguez also recognized Mr. Gray for his constant willingness to help, and for being a source of positivity on the 7th grade team.
Congratulations, Mr. Gray!
Pep Rally Celebrates Student Athletes
Character Counts at GMS as Students Awarded
Join us for All Pro Dads!
GETTYS CALENDAR OF EVENTS
- Every Tuesday and Thursday every 7th and 8th grader with physical can condition at EHS for football from 4:00-5:00 pm
- 2/16 7th and 8th graders interested in Cheer start conditioning at EHS
- 2/16 7th and 8th grade current volleyball players start conditioning at GMS
- 2/21 5th grade students visit GMS in AM for tours
- 2/23 5th grade Parents Night 6:30 GMS Auditorium
- 2/24 8th grade Job Shadowing Day
- 3/6-10 ELA teachers administer Spring Map in this window-Reading
- 3/10 End of Third Quarter
- 3/17 Shamrock Shake Dance 4:00-6:00 pm
- 3/20-24 Math teachers administer Spring Map in this window-Math
- 3/21 PCVA Reading MAP Test-Spring
- 3/22 PCVA Math MAP Test-Spring
- 3/24/25 Moana Jr. Musical
- 3/31/4-1 Moana Jr. Musical
Stay Connected with GMS!
Our school website: gms.pickens.k12.sc.us/
A Tradition of Excellence in Easley Since 1962
Please review this student agenda and handbook with your child.