Staying safe online
Fraud, User agreements, and more
Privacy and Security
Privacy is basically all the information you put on the internet for the world to see, It could be your email or your birthday.
Security is how you protect that information. It could be installing a virus detector or going over your Monthly expenses.
Ways to be Safe In Terms of Privacy
To stay safe remember to...
- Go over all your online profiles
- Take down anything you wouldn't want a stranger to know about you
- Make sure to only add people you know in real life when using social media
- Keep your passwords and other private information to yourself
- Don't use dictionary words
- No less than 12 characters for a password
- Do not use the same password for multiple accounts
- Use letters, numbers, and symbols to create your password
- It should be something that is easy to remember
For more help creating a password use this website http://www.howtogeek.com/195430/how-to-create-a-strong-password-and-remember-it/
Ways you can protect against scams is by
Using your intuition
Some scams state that if you input your personal information away you'll receive a prize. Don't fall for this if it seems to good to be true it probably is.
Recognizing people posing as companies
Other scams will pretend to be a big name company and have you sign in with your account information. Don't fall for this, they will steal your account and will sell it to other people.
Hyper links are bad
If the hyper link is embedded in a wall of text stating how you've won a prize or reward. Chances are its a scam
Be wary when meeting people online
If you use dating sites, do not give away any personal information. You never know who's on the other side of the screen.
You've probably seen this before, but it goes without saying you should close them, right away.
for a review of scams click herehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9tF59RJuMs
They could also have "fine print" and embed the text in a small font.