Oakview's Latest News, Events, Activities, & Opportunities
SCREADY and SCPASS Testing
Our state testing begins this week for our 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders so I want to take the time to include some reminders for you and your student.
- Students may not be in possession of an electronic device(s) that can be used for communicating, recording, timing, creating or storing images, including cell phones and smart watches. These devices will be collected by the test administrator and returned to the student after each test session is completed. Devices used for medical purposes are exempt.
- Make sure your student gets a good night sleep and a good breakfast.
- Please have students to school on time. Students cannot be admitted to a test session that has already started and will be placed on the makeup list.
- Allow your student to dress comfortably.
- Visitors and volunteers will not be allowed in the building during testing. We will maintain a silent lunch until testing is complete.
- Visit the Oakview website for exact testing dates.
Thank you for helping us provide the best environment possible for our students to complete SCREADY and SCPASS.
Phillip Reavis, Ph.D
Oakview Garden Updates
Come out for the final Garden Saturday of the year on Saturday, May 11 from 9-11! Our butterfly garden needs some color so we'll be planting flowers, adding mulch, and pulling weeds so our summer butterflies will enjoy their habitat while we're away. Everyone is welcome to come help, so spread the word! Spend a few minutes or the whole two hours. Hope you can join us!
Week of May 6
- Monday, May 6: PTA General Meeting & Volunteer Appreciation Night @ 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 8: SCREADY ELA Day 1-3rd Grade
- Thursday, May 9: SCREADY ELA Day 2-3rd Grade
- Saturday, May 11: Garden Saturday
Week of May 13
Staff Appreciation Week
- Monday, May 13: SIC Meeting @ 9:00 a.m.
- Tuesday, May 14: SCREADY ELA Day 1- 4th & 5th Grade
- Wednesday, May 15: SCREADY ELA Day 2- 4th & 5th Grade
- Thursday, May 16: Twisted Cup Spirit Night @ 2:00 p.m.- 8:00 p.m.
Oakview's Lunch Menu can be found here
PTA Spring General Membership Meeting
Thank you to everyone that submitted entries for our Teacher and Volunteer of the Year! We had a huge response and are excited to announce the winners at this Monday's General Membership Meeting. Please join us this Monday, May 6th, at 6 p.m. in the Cafeteria for our Spring General Membership Meeting. The School Resource Officer from JL Mann, Officer Robert Attaway, will be joining us to enlighten us as to what is going on in our high schools and middle schools with regard to e-cigarettes, vaping, and JUULs. I think it is critical that all parents educate themselves on these devices as some of our baby sitters might be bringing them into our houses and/or our 4th & 5th graders will be faced with decision-making in the coming months and years! It should be a very informative discussion and I would love to see you there. It's also critical that we have at least 100 people there for quorum so that we can vote on the 2019-2020 Working Budget as well as swear in our officers for next year. Capping off the night will be the announcement of our Teacher, Volunteer, and Custodian of the Year! Please join us!
We have put together a survey for some proposed 2019-2020 events. Just click here for the form to submit your valuable feedback! We certainly appreciate your time!
We are partnering with our good friends at Boosterthon this year to bring some excitement to our Field Days and support those that cannot participate through the Children's Miracle Network. Details coming soon, but be sure to Save the Date!
Have a blessed day,
2018-2019 PTA President